ASUS CUW-RM = No CPU-temp, Case temp or fanspeed.

As topic reads, the sensors are only working for one of the hard-drives (and seems to be showing that one correctly). For the other sensors, no readings are shown (i know they work sense they work in speedfan)

I know this is a very old motherboard, but it should work anyway? All the hardware seem to be detected normally.

I have attached the report from hwinfo32 in htm (zipped) format.

Would really appreciate if anyone could help me out with this :)

Edit: attached debug file.

Attachments

• VDMFTP.zip
    12.4 KB · Views: 59
  • HWiNFO32.DBG
    53.9 KB · Views: 55
Thanks for the report.
Unfortunately the Debug File you attached doesn't contain Sensor data. You need to open the Sensors window in Debug Mode in order to save it. Also, please make sure to use the latest available version of HWiNFO32.
If you attach the updated Debug File, I'll analyse it and check what's possible...

Martin said:
Thanks for the report.
Unfortunately the Debug File you attached doesn't contain Sensor data. You need to open the Sensors window in Debug Mode in order to save it. Also, please make sure to use the latest available version of HWiNFO32.
If you attach the updated Debug File, I'll analyse it and check what's possible...

Sorry, totally missed that!

Here is the new debug file. Really appriciate your help!

Attachments

• HWiNFO32.DBG
    63.5 KB · Views: 52
Thanks for the new data. Could you please post and updated Report File with sensors too?
HWiNFO32 didn't find any sensors on this mainboard. Is there any other tool able to find any sensors?

Martin said:
Thanks for the new data. Could you please post and updated Report File with sensors too?
HWiNFO32 didn't find any sensors on this mainboard. Is there any other tool able to find any sensors?

Yes, it can find sensors, but only on the first startup, though not showing any readings. After that it seems to kill the sensors, and if i start SpeedFan, that software is not able to detect any sensors either. After restart of computer speedfan is able to detect the sensors again. So it seems like hwinfo32 shuts down the sensors some how. Here is the info from speedfan:

Win9x:NO 64Bit:NO GiveIO:YES SpeedFan:YES
I/O properly initialized
Linked ISA BUS at $0290
Linked Intel 82801AA ICH SMBUS at $E800
Scanning ISA BUS at $0290...
Scanning Intel SMBus at $E800...
Asus AS99127F(31) (ID=$31) found on SMBus at $2D
LM75 found on SMBus at $48
LM75 found on SMBus at $49
Found ST380021A on AdvSMART
End of detection
Loaded 0 events

The result is 2 temprature readings + one temperature from harddrive. 2 fans which i can controll and also the regular voltage readings. The same with ASUS PC-Probe.

I have provided a debug file from first run of hwinfo32 right after computer restart. It seems like it can detect some of the sensors the first time.

EDIT: if i try to run Asus PC-probe again, after i have run hwinfo32, it gives me error saying "Can´t find LM control procedure". Maybe that can be a clue..

Attachments

• HWiNFO32.DBG
    106.6 KB · Views: 52
Thanks for the detailed analysis.
Indeed it seems that HWiNFO32 disables the sensor device. This might be realated to a special switch on older ASUS boards (including yours) - this switch controls access to memory module information which reside on the same bus as the sensor device. HWiNFO32 enables this switch in order to read the detailed memory information. I'm not sure if it has influence on the sensor device as well. However considering that the first HWiNFO32 run is able to find the sensor (according to the latest DBG), it might be something different.. How does HWiNFO32 behave during the 1st run after reboot, does it display some sensor data, or the sensor name labels only?

During the first run, it displays the sensor names only, not any data. On the second run, it only displays the temperature of the hard drive provided by S.M.A.R.T. technology. And the sensors then seem to be permanently disabled, needing a reboot to work again.

This is really strange.. Can you please try to disable the "LPC & EC support" to see if that helps?

Back