ASUS EC shows red

btimofte

Dear all
I cannot see on my ASUS Prime Z390 A the ASUS EC sensor tab with VRM , PCH values
IS there any way to fix it ?

Press Ins key over the ASUS EC heading.
I restarted my pc a few hours ago and it worked . I got a warning that a crash might occur when reading VRM
Strangely i get some warnings in windows event logs . I guess is because hw info furking around with the bios

": The embedded controller (EC) returned data when none was requested. The BIOS might be trying to access the EC without synchronizing with the operating system. This data will be ignored. No further action is necessary; however, you should check with your computer manufacturer for an upgraded BIOS."

That warning is expected, the Windows ACPI kernel doesn't expect anyone else to access the EC.

That warning is expected, the Windows ACPI kernel doesn't expect anyone else to access the EC.
I have a question. why does HW Info installs a system kernel driver ? Seems intrusive and a source for rootkit attacks like it happened to SecuRom

It's not possible to access hardware (directly) without a kernel driver.
The driver is secured against malicious attacks and performs only operations required to retrieve the information shown.

Back