ASUS strix 3090 ext fan header

tone

I don't know if it's a bug but I have a strix 3090 and I know that they have the external fans and hwinfo doesn't show them. I wanted to know is that something will be supported later on

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
The additional fan should be visible under a dedicated IT8915 sensor. This shows PWM speed in %.

The additional fan should be visible under a dedicated IT8915 sensor. This shows PWM speed in %.
Ok didn't realize it was reported that way, I see it now. Will there be a update to show the RPM or that's the way Asus has it reported?; because in Gpu tweak 2 you can see the rpm for both ext headers.

That sensor doesn't provide direct RPM values and I'm not sure how to report this. It's most likely PWM percentage of maximum fan speed which is not known and might be ASUS model-specific.

Yeah, I was looking at GPU Tweak; when I hooked two fans to both headers, there's only one control speed for the EXT fans, which is only in percentage, but the monitor tool can tell the difference in speed per fan. So I think the Fans may be DC control instead of PWM, but knowing that GPUT knows the RPM, I don't know. FYI my motherboard reports the same RPM fan speed as the Strix for one of my fans, so it knows its speed somehow.

Back