Asus Z170 Mk1 assistant fans + voltage readiings

ktony

In the past, I have been able to get the Assistant Fans 1 & 2 to display in HWIFO and in the Sensor Status gadget. I have gone through reinstalling HWINFO, which didn't resolve the issue.

I then Clean Booted into Windows and uninstalled HWINFO with Revo Uninstaller and followed with JV16 Power Tools registry cleanup. This got the fans to show in the General and Advanced tabs of the Gadget options, but they still do not display even when checked.

In the course of trying to resolve this something happened which caused integer-only (no decimal places) display of voltages and powers. See screen shot. I have done little since the latest install except run the debug and report. This issue has come and gone after and between uninstall/reinstall, which I have done more than once.

Thanks for all your work on HWINFO. It provides fascinating and useful information.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
  • POD64.HTM
    236.1 KB · Views: 2
  • gadget.JPG
    gadget.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 4
Martin said:
Great, thanks for the feedback.

The 3426 build is also working.

EDIT: When I set the Refresh interval to match the 3000ms in the Gadget, the right-hand part of the Gadget display disappeared again. This takes out the decimal places and the units. Screenshot attached.

More: Here are the current Debug and Report.

Please disregard. I don't know what is happening, but an uninstall/reinstall fixed it again.

Attachments

• gadget03.JPG
    gadget03.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 1
  • HWiNFO64.DBG
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • POD64.HTM
    236.1 KB · Views: 0
Martin said:
This is most probably an issue of the HWiNFOMOnitor gadget, which should be checked/reported here (as I'm not its author): https://www.hwinfo.com/forum/Forum-HWiNFOMonitor

Hi Martin,
I have run into some other fan problems. Previously, I only had fans at Chassis2 and Chassis4, which display properly. I recently added fans to Chassis 3, 5, and 6, but they are not showing up in HWINFO. Is there a fix for this?
Thanks,
ktony

Are you using the latest HWiNFO version? If yes, please attach a new Debug File, so I can see the details.

Martin said:
Are you using the latest HWiNFO version? If yes, please attach a new Debug File, so I can see the details.

I am currently using hwi64_583_3426, which you provided for the previous fan difficulty.Debug file attached.
Thanks!

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    1 MB · Views: 2
Try to upgrade to the latest HWiNFO version, it might resolve the problem with Chassis 5 and 6, but I don't see any fan connected to Chassis 3 in that dump.

Martin said:
Try to upgrade to the latest HWiNFO version, it might resolve the problem with Chassis 5 and 6, but I don't see any fan connected to Chassis 3 in that dump.

You are right. I misstated. 5 and 6 were the only fans added. I am now running hwi_584, but it has not changed anything. Chassis 2 & 4, plus Assistants 1 & 2 are still there. Uninstall-reinstall, with reboot didn't help.
Thanks for taking time for this.

Do you maybe have some items hidden or disabled? If yes is it possible that those are among them?

Back