"AUTO START" doesn't work for (UAC) USERs

comanchero

Hello everyone,

can anybody advise, how to solve this issue?

- I have activated Auto Start along with Sensors (unfortunately Settings screenshot cannot be attached) and a selected value/s into the System tray,
- The feature DOES work for the Administrator,
- AUTO START does NOT work for other (standard) Users.

Configuration is following:
- Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 (up-to-date)
- HWiNFO64

Interestingly, HWiNFO64 is NOT listed in the msconfig > Startup.

If it helps, Piriform Speccy exhibits the same behavior, although it even requires to be Run as administrator (under User only).

Thanks for now.

PS: Thanks for a beautiful, useful program, Martin.

HWiNFO is automatically started via the Windows Task Scheduler, where a dedicated task is created.
So please check there for particular settings.

Martin said:
HWiNFO is automatically started via the Windows Task Scheduler, where a dedicated task is created.
So please check there for particular settings.

Hello, Martin,

thank you for the advice. If it's the Open Hardware Monitor task, I've changed the Startup Trigger to At log on of any user, but it didn't help. It's not possible to add multiple (particular) users. Then I also changed the Configure for: to Windows 7 - the actual system (default had been Windows Vista).

Nothing helps, unfortunately. Am I doing anything wrong?

Thanks for now.
All the best.

No, "Open Hardware Monitor" is a different tool.
But anyway, HWiNFO requires Administrative rights at least for the first run (if Persistent drive option is used) to install its own driver.

Martin said:
No, "Open Hardware Monitor" is a different tool.
But anyway, HWiNFO requires Administrative rights at least for the first run (if Persistent drive option is used) to install its own driver.
I DO have the Admin rights (as I've written earlier, Auto Start works for the Admin), I just want HWiNFO64 Sensors' selected value/s to be displayed in the Tray for user/s.

I browsed the entire folders tree (all folders and their sub-folders) in the Task Scheduler, but HWiNFO simply ISN'T listed (should it be named HWiNFO?)! On the top level (in the Task Scheduler Library) there are: Lenovo, Microsoft, Open Hardware Monitor, Remediation, TVT, WPD. That's all.

Is there any other way to set/fix it? Could it, possibly, have anything to do with the File Permissions to HWiNFO64.EXE? Now System and Admin have Full Control, whilst Users are allowed to Read and Read & Execute.

Yes, it should be as a task called "HWiNFO" in the Task Scheduler.
Try again to start HWiNFO as admin, go to Settings, enable "Auto Start" and click OK. If it was already enabled there, you might first try to disable it -> OK -> Enable -> OK.

Back