Auto start doesn't work if the folder path contains a "&" character

XTerkRS

Hi! I'm new here reporting this minor bug (or maybe some limitation by design)... as the title says, Auto run task cannot be created and the program doesn't give any warning about it if the folder path contains a "&" character. For example, "D:\Data\Benchmarks & Monitoring\HWiNFO64"

Can you please look into Windows Task Scheduler and what path is set for the HWiNFO task there?

Can you please look into Windows Task Scheduler and what path is set for the HWiNFO task there?
I looked for it previously as I saw in an older post it creates a task for auto start in Task Scheduler and actually there were no task in there until I removed the & char from the folder name... It was working fine until I moved the extracted folder to another location with a name called "Benchmarks & Diagnostics".. from there it couldn't add the task until I changed it to "Benchmark and Diagnostics".

I tried enabling and disabling the auto start multiple times and exiting the app and restarting it and didn't work until I changed the folder name.

Back