B650 Tomahawk - weird temp readings + high polling time from mainboard sensors?

notwalkin

New to AM5,

Running PBO -20CO
DDR5 6000 32gb (2x16) EXPO on
msi b650 tomahawk, on latest bios.

Two issues.

One, i keep getting lag/stutters when expanding headers to show extra information.

I've noticed hwinfo doesn't update very fast, even when updating the settings to be at 20ms instead of the default 2000ms.

Something is causing the values / sensors to update slowly/stuttery.

I enabled Profiling column and had the mainboard show 800 in the profiling column:
Second issue is incorrect readings for a column that randomly appears regarding ram, showing PCIM values as all set to "yes" even though one is undervolt and one is overvolting, also the temps are in the 3000s.

Is this known for the b650 and hwinfo or is there something going on here.

Are you running some other monitoring or tweaking tool along with HWiNFO? It could be due to a collision between them.

Are you running some other monitoring or tweaking tool along with HWiNFO? It could be due to a collision between them.
I have Icue open for my fans, on my past system icue ran fine with hwinfo, although i did get the odd warning upon launching.

The only other program i use is Rivatuner for game stats but this hasn't been open today whilst i still had the issue.

I suppose it could be Icue, will try without it open.

some notes:

- I tested the pc without EXPO/PBO and it seemed to be fine from first glance.
- Tested with EXPO on, still seemed fine
- Tested with PBO -20CO and it seemed fine too.

2-3 minutes with hwinfo open and it started coming to a crawl again, Also the 3000c ram temp happened with pbo/expo off.

This was all with icue open though.

Let's see how it will work without iCUE...
So an update on this;

I've been having issues with my new AM5 system fwiw and people are mentioning that the weird DDR5 readings i get are likely a bug but i noticed that after hwinfo randomly detects weirdness with the ram and stops tracking it, hwinfo starts stuttering / slow updates, often the SPD hub temp hits 3500c and does it.

This is without iCUE.

If i restart hwinfo after it happens, it will not try and track the DDR5 DIMM and will work fine.

That looks like an error condition on SMBus which happens mostly due to a conflict with other software.
Would be interesting to see that captured in the HWiNFO Debug File.
Are there really no other monitoring or tweaking tools running?

That looks like an error condition on SMBus which happens mostly due to a conflict with other software.
Would be interesting to see that captured in the HWiNFO Debug File.
Are there really no other monitoring or tweaking tools running?
It's a fresh boot, I have malwarebytes, Logitech hub (mouse), steam, samsung magician (Does this count now i think about it?), nvidia control panel, Epic games, Sound blaster z (Sound card).

I do have msi afterburner and rivatuner but they are not open upon boot and was not open so they shouldn't be the reason.

None of those tools you mentioned running should cause problems. Might be useful to catch that situation in the Debug File.

Apparently i've just been told it's down to a bugged bios, will be trying to change the bios tomorrow.

Back