Can't Run from Task Scheduler

TechieGuy

Hi,

I have been trying for some time to get HWiNFO64 to run from the Task Scheduler (Windows 10 Pro). I used the Auto Start option in the application to have the scheduled task created, but when it runs it starts the HWiNFO64 process, but it doesn't really complete as the sensor data is not available. When I run the application manually - using the Run as administrator option - there is no issue.

Since the account I use is standard user account, the scheduled task doesn't run under that account (when I changed it to the standard user account, the task couldn't run because it requires elevated privileges), so I the task runs under the administrator account.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    1,019 KB · Views: 2
According to that dump, HWiNFO starts normally and sensors are read.
So I'd search somewhere else - if the task isn't run minimized or if it's configured as interactive.

I've got the same problem (also happens to an unrelated program too. If I create scheduled the program ends up in the task manager but not in the taskbar, and sensors not going to my G15 LCD. My HWdump is 300MB. UAC virtualization is "not allowed".

I've got the same problem (also happens to an unrelated program too. If I create scheduled the program ends up in the task manager but not in the taskbar, and sensors not going to my G15 LCD. My HWdump is 300MB. UAC virtualization is "not allowed".

For data to automatically appear in 3rd party applications like the G15 LCD, the sensors window must be active too. This can be achieved by activating either with the "Sensors-only" or "Show Sensors on Startup" option and the sensors window can be minimized using the "Minimize Sensors on Startup" option.

Just an update, I installed the non-portable version and it did the trick. Loads with windows, seen in G15 LCD and I assume in RTSS, not tried gaming yet.

Back