Can't stop HWiNFO64 process

Firego

Hi,

I have recently downloaded HWiNFO64 to monitor my graphic card under Rainmeter.

The problem is that it worked when I installed it but never worked again after rebooting. I was not able to re-open it, so I decided to completely remove it to retry later. I uninstalled it successfully but I can't delete the remaining exe files. The problem is that apparently it is used by another program. So I checked the process list and indeed it is still running even if it is uninstall. I try to end the task in my task manager and nothing happend. I decided to run the cmd in admin. HWiNFO64.exe appear in the list (tasklist) and when I want to stop it via "taskkill /f HWiNFO64.exe", it tells me "process with PID 1324 can't be stopped. Reason : There are no instance of this task".

So I can't stop the process, I can't delete the files remaining, and I can't manage to run the HWiNFO64 even after re-installing.

I really don't want to format my computer so is there any solutions to either delete it completely or make it work ?

Thank you!

Are you perhaps using MSI Afterburner with the HWiNFO plugin ? This would be then always restarting the HWiNFO application.

At first I had MSI afterburner but then I uninstalled it and the problem persist. I have just re-install HWiNFO64 and rebooted and it seems that now the program is stuck at "Detecting ATA/SCSI drives".

I have followed the asmedia solution and put the standard controller. I have successfully deleted the remaining files and the process is no longer executing. I have deleted everything and re-install HWiNFO64 from the beginning. The program is still stuck at "Detecting ATA/SCSI drives" even with the standard ATA controller driver.

When uninstalling did you perhaps use any other software to help remove and delete residual files that usually are left behind?

Back