Changing icon names doesn't get saved - very minor bug

cnmoore

Thanks for nifty program.

I installed it mostly for system tray icons. I renamed Temperature 1, 2, and 3 to CPU 1, 2, and 3, and the new names appeared in the tool tips for the icons in system tray. Then I realized that there is really only one CPU temperature, CPU 0. I renamed the other three back to their original names - but the CPU 1 etc were back on the icons when I restarted the program.

I had to uninstall HWiNFO32 and reinstall to get Temperature 1 etc back in the system tray.
This is not a biggy.

Incidentally do you happen to know what those three ITE IT8720F sensors are measuring? Temperature 2 is usually the second highest reading on the board and I'm thinking perhaps it is the CPU socket. The motherboard is FOXCONN ALOE. CPU is quad core AMD Phenom II X4 925

Attachments

• ScreenShot004.gif
    ScreenShot004.gif
    38.8 KB · Views: 902
Thanks for the report. I'll fix the issue you reported.
As for the IT8720 values, they probably need to be adjusted for your motherboard (labels and values).
Please attach a Report File and a Debug File, then I can analyse it and try to improve.

cnmoore said:
Thanks for nifty program.

I installed it mostly for system tray icons. I renamed Temperature 1, 2, and 3 to CPU 1, 2, and 3, and the new names appeared in the tool tips for the icons in system tray. Then I realized that there is really only one CPU temperature, CPU 0. I renamed the other three back to their original names - but the CPU 1 etc were back on the icons when I restarted the program.

I had to uninstall HWiNFO32 and reinstall to get Temperature 1 etc back in the system tray.
This is not a biggy.

Incidentally do you happen to know what those three ITE IT8720F sensors are measuring? Temperature 2 is usually the second highest reading on the board and I'm thinking perhaps it is the CPU socket. The motherboard is FOXCONN ALOE. CPU is quad core AMD Phenom II X4 925

Really I don't think this is worth spending debugging time on.

You might consider putting in a handy 'Revert' button in the sensor config. Since you store the original names that might be very easy.

I'm replying to my other topic and will abandon this one - thanks for taking an interest. :)

I have already fixed the rename issue :) it will be available in the next build released.
Regarding report+debug info, I'll reply in the other thread.

cnmoore said:
Really I don't think this is worth spending debugging time on.

You might consider putting in a handy 'Revert' button in the sensor config. Since you store the original names that might be very easy.

I'm replying to my other topic and will abandon this one - thanks for taking an interest. :)

Back