Computer freezes when launching HWiNFO32

Commander

Hi guys,

I have an issue with this application. Thing is that the computer freezes always few seconds after launching this application. First i see on the application and also on others that the CPU starts freaking out by going from idle 800Mhz to full 3.4Ghz and the mouse starts to not follow smoothly and then it freezes. Tried different settings in config but still nothing. Like disable HPET and low level PCI access but the issue remains. This time i got a BSOD and it was the first time ever i saw this type of BSOD.

From EventLog;
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000101 (0x0000000000000031, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff880009f3180, 0x0000000000000001). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 050510-28563-01.

During BSOD the headline was = A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval.

I cannot see how a debug would work because during the freeze i loose all open programs.

Spec;
AMD Phenom 965BE 3.4Ghz
Asus M4A79T Deluxe AM3 (latest BIOS!)
ATI XFX Radeon 5970
Creative Elite Pro X-FI
2x Western Digital Raptor X Edition Harddrive Raid 0
1x Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB
Samsung SATA DVD Drive
CoolerMaster 850Emba PSU
Windows 7 x64

Best Regards
Commander

Hi,

thanks for your report. This is a very strange problem I haven't entcountered yet.
Does HWiNFO32 finish the hardware scan ?
Does the system freeze only when the HWiNFO32 Summary window is open? You can try to disable automatic opening of the summary and then check the conditions when it does freeze. If this works you can also try to open the Sensors window and then see if it freezes.
A HWiNFO32 Debug File could be helpful since its contents should not be lost during a freeze or BSOD. Could you please attach it?

Regards,
Martin

Commander said:
Hi guys,

I have an issue with this application. Thing is that the computer freezes always few seconds after launching this application. First i see on the application and also on others that the CPU starts freaking out by going from idle 800Mhz to full 3.4Ghz and the mouse starts to not follow smoothly and then it freezes. Tried different settings in config but still nothing. Like disable HPET and low level PCI access but the issue remains. This time i got a BSOD and it was the first time ever i saw this type of BSOD.

From EventLog;
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000101 (0x0000000000000031, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff880009f3180, 0x0000000000000001). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 050510-28563-01.

During BSOD the headline was = A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval.

I cannot see how a debug would work because during the freeze i loose all open programs.

Spec;
AMD Phenom 965BE 3.4Ghz
Asus M4A79T Deluxe AM3 (latest BIOS!)
ATI XFX Radeon 5970
Creative Elite Pro X-FI
2x Western Digital Raptor X Edition Harddrive Raid 0
1x Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB
Samsung SATA DVD Drive
CoolerMaster 850Emba PSU
Windows 7 x64

Best Regards
Commander

Hello,

I have the same problem.

As far as I can see, the system crashes on the memory or CPU #2 probing.

At first, I was thinking of the cool'n'quiet feature... it seems not to be the problem.

With the debug mode I crash on the video card probing. So I guess it is the GPU change.

Comparing with the other crash case :
>Spec;
>AMD Phenom 965BE 3.4Ghz
the same with Cool'n'Quiet working + 8 GB RAM (DDR2!)

>Asus M4A79T Deluxe AM3 (latest BIOS!)
ASUS M4N72-E AM3 (lastest BIOS). the chipset is a Nvidia 750a with an embedded & disabled 8300 GPU

>ATI XFX Radeon 5970
Brand new Gainward GTX460-GS-GLH (replacing a 9800GT)

>Creative Elite Pro X-FI
no

>2x Western Digital Raptor X Edition Harddrive Raid 0
>1x Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB
3x Seagate 250GB Raid0 NVIDIA
1x Seagate 250GB
1x Seagate 1.5 TB

>Samsung SATA DVD Drive
Sony Optiarc DVD writer

>CoolerMaster 850Emba PSU
Enermax 600W PSU

>Windows 7 x64
the same

Please see the enclosed debug file stopping on the GPU probing.

note : All the others options are disabled !

Thanks for the help :)

Best regards,

Guillaume

Attachments

• HWiNFO32.DBG
    116.5 KB · Views: 94
Hello Martin,

I have downloaded the update and started HWiNFO32 and it is working fine now :)

Great, thanks! I have provided a screenshot.

Have a good day,

Best regards,

Guillaume

Attachments

• hwinfo32_screenshot.jpg
    hwinfo32_screenshot.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 1,497
Sorry i was gone, lost my internet connection then i was on few festivals and vacation :) Anyway do not know if you implemented the fix on the new version v3.58-913 but it is freezing and crashing my computer.

I did enable debug mode and during the scan my computer froze a couple of times when scanning my CPU. By froze i mean the computer froze a couple of seconds and then let go)

After the scan it does mostly but not the last time. (it did not freeze my computer last time when running dbg) It cannot display CPU status but it is showing each core mhz etc. As in the picture in the above post. Then it starts freezing and unfreezing every other second and after few times the whole computer freezes.

Best Regards
Commander

Attachments

• HWiNFO32.7z
    45.1 KB · Views: 65
Please try to disable the "Use HPET" option in Configure before launching the scan and let me know if that helped.

Commander said:
Sorry i was gone, lost my internet connection then i was on few festivals and vacation :) Anyway do not know if you implemented the fix on the new version v3.58-913 but it is freezing and crashing my computer.

I did enable debug mode and during the scan my computer froze a couple of times when scanning my CPU. By froze i mean the computer froze a couple of seconds and then let go)

After the scan it does mostly but not the last time. (it did not freeze my computer last time when running dbg) It cannot display CPU status but it is showing each core mhz etc. As in the picture in the above post. Then it starts freezing and unfreezing every other second and after few times the whole computer freezes.

Best Regards
Commander

Sorry still the same thing, disapled HPET in config and still same thing. Started freezing during the spec window. Had to close it to not freeze.

So it freezes the machine if you leave the System Summary window for longer time?
Do you have any special applications running (e.g. monitoring) ?
Commander said:
Sorry still the same thing, disapled HPET in config and still same thing. Started freezing during the spec window. Had to close it to not freeze.

Martin said:
So it freezes the machine if you leave the System Summary window for longer time?
Commander said:

Nop. Standard Windows 7 64bit installation with AMD Catalyst 10.5 drivers and latest chipset drivers from AMD. No Antivirus installed ATM so nothing i can think of. Only issues i have are hardware issues with my Sound Blaster X-FI soundcard that for some reason does not like my motherboard and or graphics card. Sound card works and so does the sound but sometimes i can get a scream or squeal of a sound lite the sound is interrupted by something. (high pitch noise)

Could you please catch in Debug File the situation when the complete machine freezes (when it freezes, reboot and send me the DBG file)?

Commander said:
Martin said:
Commander said:

Nop. Standard Windows 7 64bit installation with AMD Catalyst 10.5 drivers and latest chipset drivers from AMD. No Antivirus installed ATM so nothing i can think of. Only issues i have are hardware issues with my Sound Blaster X-FI soundcard that for some reason does not like my motherboard and or graphics card. Sound card works and so does the sound but sometimes i can get a scream or squeal of a sound lite the sound is interrupted by something. (high pitch noise)

Hello there..

My computer freezes too, with the current HWiNFO (32 and 64bit) v3.88. I have attached Debugfiles (one where HWiNFO started, one where PC froze). The issues doesn't appear always, but mostly. Interestingly, I have a Soundblaster card too, and also having issues with it. But I don't have an X-Fi, but an Audigy 2, and my issues are short "spots" in the signal. The last time HWiNFO frozen my system, it was at "Scanning PCI-Bus" (or so, don't wanna try again). I have disabled "use HPET" and "From Bus Clock", but without any changes. I also had this issue with "Safe Scan of potentially problematic PCI Devices" set to on, even though it wasn't set on the runs from the Debugfile.

I'm using HWiNFO for a long time, but never had so many issues with it. But my drivers are changing quiet often, so doesn't necessarily have to be an HWiNFO issue.

My System-Specs:
AMD Athlon II X4 620, AMD 785G/SB710 Chipset, 4x2GB DDR2 Ram, AMD Radeon HD 5670 PCIe, Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2 (PCI), Windows 7 64Bit.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64_colebantam.zip
    24.7 KB · Views: 6
Freezing during PCI bus scan are mostly not related to HWiNFO, since such scan should pass without any issue.
Please try to enable the Low-level PCI bus scan - sometimes this helps.

Back