Corsair AX1600i PSU sensors not showing up (aka disappears) on HWInfo64

ThirtyIR

As the title says, I just got a brand new Corsair AX1600i PSU for my system and set it up last night. When I look at the HWInfo64 "Sensors/settings/layout" section, I don't see the PSU listed there and I've configured my RTSS OSD to show the PSU info - but it does not show up!

I had iCuE software (Corsair Link) installed - I uninstalled it completely thinking it was conflicting with HWInfo64 but that didn't help.

Would like to know how to monitor the PSU info via HWInfo64.

Thanks in advance.

I have HX750i and iCue installed along with HWiNFO. No conflicts there, months now with the latest versions.

You can see it on the last column.

1608566827774.png

and iCUE

1608566886959.png

That's nice that you have it working, but that doesn't solve my issue. I still can't see the AX1600i in HWInfo! It sometimes shows up randomly but is missing at other times. Would appreciate some help here.

You're right, that was a rushed answer.

When you say it shows up and missing randomly, is that during a session or does this happen on restart/reboot?
Maybe you can also give more details on the system and configuration. Any OC?

You can also provide a debug file for @Martin, the author of HWiNFO.

It happens on reboot - sometimes I will see the PSU in the OSD, at other times, it's not there.

System is:

CPU: W-3175X
GPUs: RTX 3090 SLI
PSU: Corsair AX1600i
MoBo: SR-3 Dark
SSD: Intel Optane 905P

Do we have to uncheck this option in the "Safety" tab in HWInfo64 settings?

That option needs to be enabled, but it has been discussed several times there that many Corsair protocols are extremely unreliable and Corsair software causes conflicts with any other application accessing the device.

It happens on reboot - sometimes I will see the PSU in the OSD, at other times, it's not there.

System is:

CPU: W-3175X
GPUs: RTX 3090 SLI
PSU: Corsair AX1600i
MoBo: SR-3 Dark
SSD: Intel Optane 905P

Do we have to uncheck this option in the "Safety" tab in HWInfo64 settings?

Even though I dont have issues with CorsairLink protocol and HWiNFO @Martin has a point. Only if I open HWmonitor with iCUE and HWiNFO together, then the AIO goes crazy. Fans are up and down for no reason, from 600rpm to 2000rpm.

I would suggest if you have any OC on the system to revert it on stock just to see if this goes away. Keep it maybe 1~2 days stock. I dont have similar system but from my experience OC can do such a thing. I had sections of HWiNFO disappear and come back (on reboot) after excessive DRAM OC and/or BCLK OC. Mostly board sensors, but PSU sensors a couple of times also.

Back