Cpu Die (average) gets greyed out after a while

After some time of playing, a hour or so, my "Cpu Die (average)" stats will get greyed out, is that a normal thing?
What does that mean?
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    142 KB · Views: 11
A greyed out value means HWiNFO is unable to read valid data from the sensor. I don't know why this happens here, might be some glitch in the CPU firmware, perhaps a BIOS update will help.

strange... i've been using this software for 4 months now, never happened before...
Only a few days ago i installed Valorant, and some people are claiming that their anti-cheat messes up with their computer software..
Also i noticed that it happened whilst having Ryzen Master and Msi Afterburner opened, do you think that those could possible interfere with each other?

Ah Valorant !
That's the reason - their anti-cheat Riot Vanguard driver does some nasty tricks and blocks several applications including HWiNFO from accessing hardware.

Last edited:
What's more creepy about this is that i've already uninstalled everything Valorant related and the isues still presists....
I might have to do a fresh windows install..

another interesting thing i discovered just now:
-if i boot the computer and apply a profile in Ryzen Master before opening HWinfo the "Cpu Die (average)" won't show up, only the "Cpu (Tctl/Tdie)" appears

If HWiNFO is unable to read a valid "Cpu Die (average)" value since the beginning it won't be shown.
Other thing is that Vanguard is acting like a root-kit and it's blocking several tools. Some completely by refusing to load their driver if it's considered as vulnerable (allowing arbitrary memory reads).
In case of HWiNFO they seem to be blocking access to certain hardware-based memory-mapped resources, even though the HWiNFO driver is not vulnerable (its driver cannot be misused by cheating software to read arbitrary memory).

Last edited:
What's more creepy about this is that i've already uninstalled everything Valorant related and the isues still presists....
I might have to do a fresh windows install..

Vanguard gets installed as seperate program entry in Programs (Control Panel), even if you uninstall Valorant it will still be there. You need to seperatly uninstall it. Or run "C:\Program Files\Riot Vanguard\uninstall.exe" directly.

Back