CPU die (average) max off the charts, everything else cool?

zenmaster

Just installed a new CPU(5900x), have put it through a bunch of stress tests and passed with flying colors, now during all that I didn't see anything crazy in fact "cpu die(average)" was always about the same across min/max/avg as CCD1.

However had it running for a little while when doing some gaming, and noticed "cpu die(average)" had hit a max of 110c at some point, which seems bananas.

Is this just a software issue, or a case of some ryzen's not being accurate, or does it indicate something is wrong with this cpu?

Thanks!

Attachments

• gamin.png
    gamin.png
    212.7 KB · Views: 25
No damage, but it can cause HWiNFO to read wrong values due to a collision between both tools accessing CPU resources.

I am curious about your experiences with CTR. Has it reliably improved your CPU's performance? Also, CTR is no longer being updated and has been superseded by Hydra. Current Hydra version is 1.0D Pro.
I think that most CTR enthusiasts have moved on to Hydra.

I am also curious about why CTR is causing collisions. I know that some programs (like iCue) do not use the proper interlocks when polling sensors, which is why they cause problems when other programs (HWINFO, AIDA, SIV, etc.) are also polling sensors. Does CTR have the same problem as iCUe?

I am also curious about why CTR is causing collisions. I know that some programs (like iCue) do not use the proper interlocks when polling sensors, which is why they cause problems when other programs (HWINFO, AIDA, SIV, etc.) are also polling sensors. Does CTR have the same problem as iCUe?

It's most likely a similar issue even though CTR should be using a synchronization mutex which I discussed with Yuri when he started implementation in CTR) I think there's some corner case where this still doesn't work properly.

I am curious about your experiences with CTR. Has it reliably improved your CPU's performance? Also, CTR is no longer being updated and has been superseded by Hydra. Current Hydra version is 1.0D Pro.
I think that most CTR enthusiasts have moved on to Hydra.

Yeah I've been using it for some time, I previously used it on an extremely toasty 5800x that I hadn't managed to tame using PBO and Curve Optimizer. CTR managed to bring the temps down more effectively and provide slightly better performance. Also there are a couple of applications I use that were throwing up errors and by process of elimination, and feedback from others with almost identical systems, we found Curve Optimizer to be the culprit. Yet using CTR2.1 didn't produce the same issues, hence why I stuck with it.

Hydra I have heard of, I was awaiting the public release which has been delayed a few times, I guess he's run into some issues, but I'll check it out when it goes public.

Yeah I have not run CTR or Hydra yet - seems too buggy to me for something that can mess with the CPU on a low level. I pay a monthly fee on Patreon but its been dragging on for months and those monthly fees are starting to add up. I think I have paid more for CTR/Hydra than I have for HWINFO, which is insane. There is hardly any activity on Patreon anymore. His Discord channel is more active, and its free. I don't mean to clog up this forum talking about some other program so I will leave it at this. Thanks for your insights.

Yeah I have not run CTR or Hydra yet - seems too buggy to me for something that can mess with the CPU on a low level. I pay a monthly fee on Patreon but its been dragging on for months and those monthly fees are starting to add up. I think I have paid more for CTR/Hydra than I have for HWINFO, which is insane. There is hardly any activity on Patreon anymore. His Discord channel is more active, and its free. I don't mean to clog up this forum talking about some other program so I will leave it at this. Thanks for your insights.
what is your discord? if i had an invitation i would appreciate it

I don't know a lot about Discord but I do use it sometimes. I was able to join his Discord server through the Patreon site. I don't know if you can join for free in some other way. The Discord server is called "1ismus patreon club". I don't think I am able to invite people to his Discord but will click around and see if I can figure it out. If I can, I will post here to let you know.

I don't know a lot about Discord but I do use it sometimes. I was able to join his Discord server through the Patreon site. I don't know if you can join for free in some other way. The Discord server is called "1ismus patreon club". I don't think I am able to invite people to his Discord but will click around and see if I can figure it out. If I can, I will post here to let you know.
I appreciate it a lot

Back