CPU Package Power bug on Win10 Creators

toma20042001

Hello,

It looks like there is a bug for reading/calculating CPU Package Power [W] metrics on Win10 Creators (latest batch [font=arial, sans-serif]KB4034674, OS Build 15063.540). It is showing that CPU Package Power =~ 0.6W for an i7-5960X while on the same system and set up, it shows approximately 52W when I ran on Win10 Anniversary.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Does anyone else see same issue? Anyone knows what changes in the OS that could cause this to happen?[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Greatly appreciated any help/response.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

This readout should not depend on Windows 10 version.
Have you perhaps changed BIOS settings meanwhile? Such wrong CPU power readouts are usually caused by disabled SVID support in BIOS.

Martin said:
This readout should not depend on Windows 10 version.
Have you perhaps changed BIOS settings meanwhile? Such wrong CPU power readouts are usually caused by disabled SVID support in BIOS.

Thanks a lot Martin, your suggestion helps correct the CPU package power readings.

This is strange since the settings in BIOS for SVID is set to "Auto", but on Win10 Anniversary it works fine, on the other hands, on Win10 Creators, I need to change the settings to "Enabled" for it to work properly.

Will enabling SVID cause any Perf/Power again/loss? I use the system for testing, so I hope to keep everything the same for comparison.

SVID Support is recommended to be enabled. There's no performance/power loss when enabled, moreover SVID allows own telemetry like power measurement.
Only overclockers running a system with high BCLK are advised to disable SIVD, because there SVID can't cope with such high BCLK.

Back