CRASH on sensor page (Close)

mididoc

I have reported this already before,
we get random crash when closing the sensor page with (CLOSE) button.
we never have a crash when closing with windows close button.

error message:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: HWiNFO64.EXE, Version: 3.9.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x4ece0831
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: HWiNFO64.EXE, Version: 3.9.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x4ece0831
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x00000000000afad4
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0xe80
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01ccb05d8b6810c9
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files\HWiNFO64\HWiNFO64.EXE
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Program Files\HWiNFO64\HWiNFO64.EXE
Berichtskennung: d19dcae4-1c50-11e1-85a9-7071bcd61c46

thanks for assistance

attached hwinfo64.zip for ini file

I've entcountered a similar issue as well, but it's very rare and I'm not able to reporoduce it.
Will keep hunting...

Martin said:
I've entcountered a similar issue as well, but it's very rare and I'm not able to reporoduce it.
Will keep hunting...

thanks for confirming.
this is ONLY when closing the sensor page with (CLOSE) button.
This is, when it saves the configure and window position.

I did some improvements to solve this issue, so stay tuned for the next build..

unfortunately this bug is not fixed yet.
got another windows crash on exit sensor page by "CLOSE" button.
built hwinfo64 v3.90-1460

:huh:

i have even the impression, that the bug is worse, happening more often than before. additional windows error log following:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: HWiNFO64.EXE, Version: 3.9.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x4ee208d6
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: HWiNFO64.EXE, Version: 3.9.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x4ee208d6
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x00000000000b1c40
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x6cc
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01ccb9ca4a7d0a94
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files\HWiNFO64\HWiNFO64.EXE
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Program Files\HWiNFO64\HWiNFO64.EXE
Berichtskennung: 4579eed1-25be-11e1-96b5-38607750e3e1

Thanks for the report..
I'll perform further tests (although I cannot reproduce the problem anymore) and try to fix it.

it must be something about the saving of window positions, what you do, when using the CLOSE button of the sensor page. Why not save these positions in the normal way with saving preferences, when exiting the program. Nobody knows this special "save" when you close the sensor page with this button. Everybody thinks closing by the normal window close button would be s the same as closing with this "CLOSE" button. But it isn't indeed.

:cool:

I have just been able to reproduce it and I'm analysing it now.. It's only very little related to saving of data. More precisely it's related to certain internal mechanisms which when triggered at certain time (depending on update speed and time required to read/show sensor data + time required to process window close) cause a thread to deadlock inside the sensor update loop which then causes an application crash.

It's a timing coincidence and the reason why it's so hard to reproduce - you must press the Close button in the "right time" and the whole monitoring machine needs to be in a certain state + other internal conditions need to be met. Your machine seems to have the "right" configuration ;)

i understand.
but why use the close button?
why not save these settings under better conditions, than if sonsor page is open?
if you save a program exit, you can close the windows before and than save.

btw
it's a standard thing, saving by program exit.

(in the beginning i always wondered why the sensorpage size was not saved on program exit,
until you told me, that the settings are saved with the CLOSE button)

It's intentional in case the user makes some mistake, he has the chance not to save the current config.
Otherwise all configurations would also be saved.

Back