Crash when using HWINFO64 after a minute or so.

wazer

Hi have a friend which we tested latest and greatest version today on his machine, everytime we start hwinfo64 up, after around 1 minute it crashes.

I got debug started and caught around 45 seconds debug running, closed hwinfo64 and it crashed after a few seconds.

Motherboard
Asus Maximus VIII Hero
BIOS Version 3504
Chipset Z170

CPU
i7-6700K QuadCore Intel Core

RAM
DIMM x4 Kingston HyperX KHX3000C15D4/4GX

GPU
GeForce RTX 2080

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.zip
    230.2 KB · Views: 1
The attached Debug File doesn't seem to cover the crash. From your description I'm not sure when exactly it did crash.

Okay let me try run the debug while it craches, if it writes to drive and not only memory?

It should write it do the drive even in most BSOD cases. You didn't state if it was a BSOD or application crash.

It should write it do the drive even in most BSOD cases. You didn't state if it was a BSOD or application crash.

Hi, it would just freeze the machine completely without BSOD, and no written debug file was produced.

After some more fiddling around, it seems that asus com service from ai suite 3 in one way or the other was not happy about having hwinfo64 running or vice versa, anyways after deleting the service it seems to be stable now, will have to do some more testing.

Back