Default Graph Size

Hi so I've been monitoring my PC performance while gaming ect on my 2nd monitor, I like to use the graph function but what really gets me is if I run HWmonitor on a different monitor setup all the graphs go back to default, which means I have to resize them all to get them back into position. Just wondering is there a way I can either (a) save my setup each time to load it once I get back to my usual setup, or (b) Set the default size of graph, so all I have to do is reposition them.

Graph position and sizes should be reset only if they were originally placed on a monitor (desktop area) that's currently not present in the system. This is a protection measure, which prevents placing them in a non-existing desktop area, which would render them invisible and inaccessible.

Martin said:
Graph position and sizes should be reset only if they were originally placed on a monitor (desktop area) that's currently not present in the system. This is a protection measure, which prevents placing them in a non-existing desktop area, which would render them invisible and inaccessible.

Yeah I figured it would be something like that, but is there a way I can save the layout configuration as I regularly would have to change set ups for one reason or another. My problem is as soon as they go back to default that is the new saved state so when I go back to my usual set up they are all out of position. My tactic now is dont use HWInfo when i'm not on my usual setup but that is not a perfect solution.

Is there a option file or temporary file someplace that I could keep a copy of, then when I get back home just replace that file again. I mean the program must save the layout someplace for it to remember at all.

Yes, you can save the complete configuration using the "Backup User Settings" button in the main HWiNFO settings.
This will export it into a file, which when you launch will restore the saved settings back.

Martin said:
Yes, you can save the complete configuration using the "Backup User Settings" button in the main HWiNFO settings.
This will export it into a file, which when you launch will restore the saved settings back.

Awesome, that is perfect. Sorry for wasting your time I'm that used to launching sensor only that I never thought to check settings in the other place.

Back