Difference between GPU D3D Usage and GPU Core Load

lawicko

Hi everybody,
My first post here so let me just say that HWInfo is one of my favorites, great piece of software!
The reason I'm writing is to understand the difference between GPU D3D Usage and GPU Core Load sensors. I'm running two GTX 460 in SLI and somehow the GPU D3D Usage stopped displaying on one of the cards (the sensor is not on the list anymore, not sure why). GPU Core Load is available on both though so I thought that might actually be more accurate for what I need to do (measure how my SLI setup is utilized by the system).
Does this make sense? What's the difference between the two and am I right that the actual core load is better to measure if the GPU load is split evenly over my GPUs?

Indeed, the GPU Core Load is a much more reliable value that's read straight from each GPU. GPU D3D Usage is the usage retrieved via Direct3D interface, so it doesn't cover all components.

Martin said:
Indeed, the GPU Core Load is a much more reliable value that's read straight from each GPU. GPU D3D Usage is the usage retrieved via Direct3D interface, so it doesn't cover all components.
Thanks for the answer, I have now tested most of my games and the CPU and GPU load is being spread evenly for all of them except Dead Space 2 (one CPU core always at 100%) and Cities Skylines (one GPU always at 90%), so I take this as my hardware is configured properly. Cheers!

Back