Do I have to buy a license in order to actually see any CPU Fan speed and Frequency readouts? (Feb 11, 2022)

halfert

I've searched all over about this and it seems that I'm the only person with this program that has a problem where 1) I'm not getting any readouts for fan speed and CPU frequency from any HWiNFO64 supported gadgets, even HWiNFO64 itself. 2) I don't see any icon for fan control. This is getting on my nerves and I'm suspecting that I have to buy the Pro license to actually get simple features like these.

No, all pins on the motherboard, Channel and CPU, are connected and all the fans are spinning just fine without any issues, and all available pins for anything are connected. No, running beta does nothing; I still get no readouts for anything. No, I'm not running an outdated version, I downloaded this program today, so there's no excuse as to how I magically downloaded an old, unsupported version. No, there are no problems with my PC, everything is running just fine, no malware/virus, no firewall blocking anything, everything in my PC is up to date, including the gadgets.

So, I would like the most amount of help possible to get these features functioning or confirmation that buying the Pro lets me monitor CPU frequencies and fan speed.

You don't need to buy a license for those things.
So you have searched a lot, and tried a lot... But you didn't post any information about your system (not even what CPU or mainboard or what kind it is) nor the required report files, not even a screenshot. But ask for the most amount of help possible. How am I supposed to help further here?
Also are you sure you have read this sticky thread? https://www.hwinfo.com/forum/threads/fan-control.2241/

You don't need to buy a license for those things.
So you have searched a lot, and tried a lot... But you didn't post any information about your system (not even what CPU or mainboard or what kind it is) nor the required report files, not even a screenshot. But ask for the most amount of help possible. How am I supposed to help further here?
Also are you sure you have read this sticky thread? https://www.hwinfo.com/forum/threads/fan-control.2241/
I've read that sticky already, but I don't think I have any limits on my system that prevents me from anything. But since you wanted, here are my specs:

- Ryzen 5 5600G
- Asus ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming
- 32GB DRR4 RAM (All slots filled)
- GeForce RTX 3070 Ti TUF

Yes. According to that dump, all values including fan speeds should be reported.

Yes. According to that dump, all values including fan speeds should be reported.
So, what could be my own issue then? Are the gadgets faulty or did I somehow mess something up with the Sensors or Shared Memory Support when going through the procedures to get the programs working?

Which gadgets are you using? Do you have the Shared Memory Support option enabled?

I'm using the latest version of Sonder rainmeter, which has it's own System monitoring gadget that required HWiNFO64 to work, and I made sure that I at least got Shared Memory Support checked.

Attachments

• Shared Memory Support checked.png
    Shared Memory Support checked.png
    21.2 KB · Views: 7
  • GPU has all readouts correctly but CPU's missing it's Clock and Fan Speed.png
    GPU has all readouts correctly but CPU's missing it's Clock and Fan Speed.png
    245.9 KB · Views: 7
I don't have experience with this Rainmeter skin. Some Rainmeter skins require the HWiNFO Shared Memory feature (and hence a HWiNFO64 Pro license if this needs to run for more than 12 hours) and some others don't require this (they utilize a different interface to HWiNFO). I did a quick check of this skin and it seems to require the Shared Memory but I'm not sure about this.
So if you see some values from HWiNFO in the skin but not some others, you might need to reconfigure its settings to specify which values from HWiNFO should be shown. HWiNFO exports all data you can see in its sensors window, so you should get better support from the skin author.

I don't have experience with this Rainmeter skin. Some Rainmeter skins require the HWiNFO Shared Memory feature (and hence a HWiNFO64 Pro license if this needs to run for more than 12 hours) and some others don't require this (they utilize a different interface to HWiNFO). I did a quick check of this skin and it seems to require the Shared Memory but I'm not sure about this.
So if you see some values from HWiNFO in the skin but not some others, you might need to reconfigure its settings to specify which values from HWiNFO should be shown. HWiNFO exports all data you can see in its sensors window, so you should get better support from the skin author.
I've thought about it, then I went around testing other System monitors and they all give the same results. So clearly, something within HWiNFO that I need to set up so everything reads out correctly, or the program's own Shared Memory Viewer, which looks like this:

Attachments

• Shared Memory viewer.png
    Shared Memory viewer.png
    46.2 KB · Views: 10
HWiNFO reports plenty of sensors and plugins need to choose which one to pickup up from the list.
You should see CPU clocks (under the CPU sensor) and fan speeds (under the mainboard / Nuvoton sensor) in the Shared Memory Viewer. That means HWiNFO reports them all to other plugins.

HWiNFO reports plenty of sensors and plugins need to choose which one to pickup up from the list.
You should see CPU clocks (under the CPU sensor) and fan speeds (under the mainboard / Nuvoton sensor) in the Shared Memory Viewer. That means HWiNFO reports them all to other plugins.
So, it's hopeless for me then? There's no other way to send out reports to other gadgets?

Okay, I feel like a complete dumbass now. So, apparently, what was going on was that in the Shared Memory Viewer for the gadget, I had to manually send out specific data from the Sensors list on the CPU itself and update them in the ID settings. Unlike, before now, I thought the gadget the HWiNFO would let all the data and the gadget automatically picks the correct ones from the list. I'm sorry that I had to waste your time. Now I'm just gonna tweak around with this thing till I get accurate readouts, unless you know which sensors I should look for.

Attachments

• Issue resolved.png
    Issue resolved.png
    51 KB · Views: 9
Back