Does disabling some entrees in the sensor monitoring window reduce system load?

Hi
I mean if I disable monitoring some aspects I do not need like system memory, UPS data, network adapter traffic, etc.?
And which entrees carry the most performance hit? I have a relatively a high end PC but still like to reduce CPU cycles and other resources especially the ones I do not intend to monitor.
Thanks

Yes, disabling sensors will reduce the load. For best effect make sure to disable the sensor heading.
Which ones depends on system. If you activate showing the "Profiling Time" column, a new row will show how much time (and resources) it takes to read each sensor/value.

Yes, disabling sensors will reduce the load. For best effect make sure to disable the sensor heading.
Which ones depends on system. If you activate showing the "Profiling Time" column, a new row will show how much time (and resources) it takes to read each sensor/value.
Thanks. How to activate showing "Profiling Time" please?

Go into Sensor Settings - Show columns
Untitled.jpg

Thanks a lot Martin. I really appreciate and always learn new things in HWinfo.

I have a problem after I clean installed Win11, HWinfo windows refuses to maximize and stuck at thumbnail view only at the taskbar.
I am using the portable latest beta. Sometimes I have to solve it by completely closing app, deleting the cfg file next to hwinfo exe and run the exe again.

I remember I had the same issue long ago I forgot how it was sorted out.

Last edited:
Try to increase startup delay for the HWiNFO task in Windows Task Scheduler.

Back