EC sensor warning

Tezzle

I downloaded HWInfo64 to check temperatures on my old MSI GT62VR laptop but the EC sensor warning scared me, I've clicked disable and turned off HWinfo64, should I worry?Did it change/disable something in my laptop?Could it cause any damage?
Apologies for my dumb questions, I'm just a beginner and very paranoid.

I'm sorry that the EC warning might appear scary but it's not. It cannot damage anything and HWiNFO doesn't change any settings.
It just warns that monitoring of that sensor might be slower (or affect system response) and on some (quite rare) system may cause stability issues when monitored.
If you choose "Do not monitor this sensor" it just means HWiNFO will not access that sensor (to avoid any of the mentioned potential issues).

Phew!Thank you for your quick reply!
So there's nothing to worry about when using HWiNFO? Great.
Again thank you, and apologies for bothering you.

I'm sorry that the EC warning might appear scary but it's not. It cannot damage anything and HWiNFO doesn't change any settings.
It just warns that monitoring of that sensor might be slower (or affect system response) and on some (quite rare) system may cause stability issues when monitored.
If you choose "Do not monitor this sensor" it just means HWiNFO will not access that sensor (to avoid any of the mentioned potential issues).
hypothetically is the system still safe if you are using other monitoring software simultaneously?( such as asus armory crate, CPUID HWmonitor and etc…) Also if it is likely to be problematic what sorts of “System stability” affects could it have?
These seem like obvious questions but I did have both HWmonitor, armory crate and Msi after burner open with hwinfo allowing hwinfo to access the EC. I haven’t noticed any particular problems but im just concerned that it might not be an obvious affect. I’m just concerned in regards to the safety of the board.

That's a good question as for safe access to the EC all applications need to co-operate and synchronize.
CPUID HWMonitor should be safe but ASUS tools currently are not. This is actually something we're working with ASUS right now and they committed to fix this soon.

That's a good question as for safe access to the EC all applications need to co-operate and synchronize.
CPUID HWMonitor should be safe but ASUS tools currently are not. This is actually something we're working with ASUS right now and they committed to fix this soon.
So is it harmful to the board or functionality of windows or is it just unstable, and if so how may windows perform while unstable. Im just curious if there is anything to look out for, I don’t plan on using the monitoring tools simultaneously but I’m worried what sorts of affects it could have.

If there's a conflict between multiple applications then it usually appears as invalid readouts or system instability, freeze or crash.

If there's a conflict between multiple applications then it usually appears as invalid readouts or system instability, freeze or crash.
alrighty so worst case scenario windows freezes up or remains unstable momentarily? No damage could come of hardware? I’m a bit paranoid since I had both armory crate and hwinfo open momentarily, and how it being unsafe would affect the system.

Back