Fan Control Dell Inspiron 3650

wmcvey

Fan control works on my Dell 3650 desktop but it only spikes the RPM's for a brief moment, in the same way the Dell diagnostic tool does.
Just spins it up for a moment and then it steps right back down to normal. Is there a way of holding the rpm's at the level set ?

That's most likely because the firmware takes over.
Try to enable either "Use System Auto Control Method 1" or "Use System Auto Control Method 2" if that will help to override the system control.

That's most likely because the firmware takes over.
Try to enable either "Use System Auto Control Method 1" or "Use System Auto Control Method 2" if that will help to override the system control.
Thank you for the reply. I did see those option at the bottom, but wasn't sure of their use and what they actually do.
Could you please give me an overview of their function, "System Auto Control Method 1" or "System Auto Control Method 2" Thanks,

Those are 2 different methods to disable the default system fan control. Since we don't know which of them will work for your model, you need to try and see...

Those are 2 different methods to disable the default system fan control. Since we don't know which of them will work for your model, you need to try and see...
Tried both methods, 1 and method 2, same results. Just spins up for a moment and then settles back down to what it was.
Does the "spin down after" setting have something to do with it? I see it defaults at 2 seconds, or is that something else?

No, the "Spin-down" is a different setting - amount of cycles to wait when temperature goes below threshold before HWiNFO will reduce fan speed.
But this case seems like the notebook's firmware is much stronger than HWiNFO...

No, the "Spin-down" is a different setting - amount of cycles to wait when temperature goes below threshold before HWiNFO will reduce fan speed.
But this case seems like the notebook's firmware is much stronger than HWiNFO...
It's actually a Dell Desktop Inspiron 3650, but I'm thinking that doesn't matter. My other option is to power the case fan directly from the PSU and cut the mobo out of the loop.
I'm not liking Dells fan curve on the case fan, way too slow and takes forever to speed up, the CPU curve seems to be at least better in that regard.

Back