Fan Control

chandu_ycm

hi
i just installed hwinfo 32. i had a problem with fan after installation. when i restart my laptop, fan doesn't start automatically. after starting hwinfo sensors and selecting fan control option to custom auto / manual mode fan will run otherwise it dont. i am not sure about system auto function is working or not, i've tried it but same problem repeats. can any one suggest how can i reset the fan controls to system defaults.
my laptop is Dell Inspiron 1420, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1, Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM.

chandu

The System Auto mode is the one that should reset it to default system behavior.

I think there's some misunderstanding here...
System Auto is the default mode working on your machine (after you make a full power on/off cycle), so the mode which gives control from HWiNFO back to the system.
In this mode the system controls the fan(s), not HWiNFO.

Martin said:
System Auto is the default mode working on your machine (after you make a full power on/off cycle), so the mode which gives control from HWiNFO back to the system.

Nope sir,
Yeh, there might be some misunderstanding.
i'll tell the procedure i followed. i disabled custom auto mode and enabled system auto mode. closed fan control window and sensor windows by quit & save option. I shutdown the system waited for 2 to 3 min. later restarted, but the fan doesn't start at start up. this is the procedure i followed. i made it several times but didn't worked.
thanks in advance
chandu

Please try a full Power OFF/ON cycle - remove the battery and power adapter too. The Embedded Controller might not reset itself by a simple system shut down, so the entire power needs to be cut.

Martin said:
Please try a full Power OFF/ON cycle - remove the battery and power adapter too. The Embedded Controller might not reset itself by a simple system shut down, so the entire power needs to be cut.

nope, i tried that too, but it didn't works. even in custom active also, fan doesn't start at boot

Martin said:

I just installed hwinfo.  I manually set it and got a soothing quiet I've been longing for. When I reset it to auto my fan remained unusually quiet, which is unnerving as, I don't want my system to overheat. No matter what I do, what programs I open, websites i visit, NOTHING happens. I've tried the hard restart, still nothing. Has this taken over my fan control? and how do I get it back???

Thanks

Martin said:

I just installed hwinfo.  I manually set it and got a soothing quiet I've been longing for. When I reset it to auto my fan remained unusually quiet, which is unnerving as, I don't want my system to overheat. No matter what I do, what programs I open, websites i visit, NOTHING happens. I've tried the hard restart, still nothing. Has this taken over my fan control? and how do I get it back???

No, it's not possible that HWiNFO permanently takes over fan control, even after a hard reset.
Have you tried the full power off with removing the battery and power cord for a few minutes? That should reset all settings.

Back