Fan Speed not auto refresh in Sensor status

lilw

Hi,

This is my first time using Hwinfo, it's really awesome since the fan control custom auto options available and helping me with the heat, because the fan profile in the bios is bad, it always wait the heat come to nearly 70c and kick in.

I see that when I close the Fan control panel, the entry value of fan in sensor not auto refresh/update. it just freeze there. If I open fan control panel and leaving it open, the fan speed will automatic refresh/update the value.

Actually, I did see it update without open fan control panel, but after some tweak of the custom auto, it freeze when close this panel.

FYI: I'm using Alienware 17 R2.

If you close the Fan Control window, then fan control will be deactivated, so it's possible that the fan is really stuck at the same value.

Martin said:
If you close the Fan Control window, then fan control will be deactivated, so it's possible that the fan is really stuck at the same value.

Thank you. I think that Fan control will activated if I close it too.

Martin said:

Can this be fixed? I mean... not to be rude, but that's kinda dumb. I've got my GPU temp and fan speed in my system tray, and the fan speed is only controlled when the window is up like you said. What was the point of configuring the new fan speed curves if its just not going to do it? I set mine up because like the OP said, the BIOS profile sucks and I wanted my fans kicking on sooner when games launch.

I am playing over Steam Streaming, and games that are not Steam (like Heros of the Storm) tend to fuck up a bit when other windows are open that are not the game.

This includes the "Minimise All" button on the fan speed control panel. As soon as the windows are gone, fan control stops. As soon as i bring it back up it snaps to what it should have been doing.

When HWiNFO windows are minimized, fan control will still work. There are also settings which when used, allow you to automatically start HWiNFO with activated fan control and all windows minimized in tray. It has already been discussed a few times here.

Back