Fans are not spinning at all if HWINFO is not started

zhrets

Hi,

Thanks for the cool program, find it really useful to control my [font=verdana, tahoma, 'ms sans serif', arial]Alienware 15 R2 laptop's fans[/font], but have few issues:

1. I have autostart enabled with Show sensors at startup, but after system restart, fans are not spinning at all, until I click on red box button that opens fans window. 
This happened after first system restart after installing HWINFO, CPU fans are not spinning at all until I click that red button
2. As a result of 1., I cannot use other OS, like ubuntu or uninstall HWINFO - CPU fans are simply not working. 

Please assist, that really limits usage of my device

Attachments

• CHE-ALIEN-WIN.HTM
    144.5 KB · Views: 3
Please open the HWiNFO64.INI file using Notepad and at the end add this line:
OpenFanCtrlMin=1

That will start the fan control window automatically when HWiNFO starts, so you should no longer need to activate the custom fan control manually.

Martin said:
Please open the HWiNFO64.INI file using Notepad and at the end add this line:
OpenFanCtrlMin=1

That will start the fan control window automatically when HWiNFO starts, so you should no longer need to activate the custom fan control manually.

Martin, thanks for quick response, this works.

Would you please advise how can I fix problem of not working fans until HWINFO starts? Say I want to use different OS or uninstall HWINFO? 

I am sure that after I installed HWINFO and restarted machine at first time, OS/BIOS stopped controlling fans

You might try a full power off cycle - power off the machine, remove battery and power adapter, wait a few minutes and then power on.

Martin said:
You might try a full power off cycle - power off the machine, remove battery and power adapter, wait a few minutes and then power on.

Hi Martin, I seem to be having the same issue except I have an Alienware 17 R3. My fans no longer spin on idle until under heavy load when using the "system auto" setting in hwinfo fan control. The fans used to spin on idle and now have higher system temps during idle and load and the bottom of laptop gets hotter on idle. How can I disable/remove anything which hwinfo64 did in order to get my system back to factory state in regards to fan controls? I previously had this issue but it was due to the power options in windows being set to "Passive cooling" for the CPU. Things I have tried: 

-uninstalled hwinfo64
-power cycled system w/ removing battery
-reset bios to optimized
-reflashed bios

HWiNFO doesn't perform any persistent changes to the machine.
The actions you have done should be more than enough to revert everything back to default control. If you think it still doesn't work, then I'm afraid the problem must be somewhere else.

Martin said:
The actions you have done should be more than enough to revert everything back to default control. If you think it still doesn't work, then I'm afraid the problem must be somewhere else.
Thanks for the reply Martin. I will try downgrading my bios to a known good version. I suspect it may be a bios issue and not HWiNFO related. Anyway thanks for the great program HWiNFO I use it on a daily basis for monitor system temps and cpu/gpu frequencies.

issdar said:
Martin said:
Thanks for the reply Martin. I will try downgrading my bios to a known good version. I suspect it may be a bios issue and not HWiNFO related. Anyway thanks for the great program HWiNFO I use it on a daily basis for monitor system temps and cpu/gpu frequencies.

Hello issdar a am having the same problem, donyou found a fix? Untill now a donwgrade de Bios the uograde it, resete the bios, the full circle thing, uninstall and install the latest intel frammekwork, and i pretty sure that befote install the WHINFo my fans turn on as soon as i turn on mi laptop, i have a alienware r3 with the 6700 skylake i7, i already reestart from factory my lap, in the tenperature monitor it always says around 50 to 70 celcius but the fans wont turn on on iddle or if i let the laptop dowloading shomething on internet like a game a movie etc. 

If i start to gamming the fans turn on i think ok until the get i belive 5000rpm or something around 

Martin is there some configuration to revert to factory the sensors of the fans so they turn on by no using your program?

Back