fans not working alienware m17x r3

IanC

hi guys,

please can you help me i tried to run the HWinfo program and i got a bit worried...

I then realised my fans where not working at all...

i dont know what i did but the fans aren't coming on unless i control them manually.... i think for me i better get back to normal if i can...

how do i get the system to control the fan speed and remove this program until i understand it more...

the only way i get get the fans to come on is if a switch them on manually in the program...

i have attached a picture of the config screen....

please help me

thanks alot

Ian

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 7
When you perform a full power cycle (turn the machine off, better remove power adapter and battery), then the after power on the fans will be controlled by the system (unless you run HWiNFO again and use the custom fan control).

Martin said:
When you perform a full power cycle (turn the machine off, better remove power adapter and battery), then the after power on the fans will be controlled by the system (unless you run HWiNFO again and use the custom fan control).

hi martin,

thanks alot for the reply, i tried that removing the battery ect but the fans didnt seem to kick in. i perhaps need to leave it a bit longer to see if they kick in...

i was playing a game and even 5 mins into the games the fans where not moving at all... and then when i loaded up hwinfo again and checked the tempretures the cpu was at 52c and still the fans where not spinning at all...

to be honest im not sure at what tempreture the fans would start to move...

thanks alot for the reply

Ian

Back