Fixed order issue

dragos281993

Hi! I've got a dilemma regarding the Sensors' page. When the "Fixed order" option is checked/on, you've got those groups of readings with a bunch of values hidden underneath a single 'parent', so to speak, which shows the average reading for the whole bunch. For example, the CCD2 temp, per core, consists of a group of readings hidden underneath "Core temperatures". You expand that and you see the temps per core. That's brilliant and it can't get tidier than that.
I personally prefer to filter out a bunch of readings that I don't care for and keep only what's relevant for me on the Sensors page. I also reorder them to my liking until it looks the best to my eyes.
Now to the issue, which at least for me is some sort of an issue. Doing all these things I mentioned above, automatically disables the 'Fixed order' option. That means I don't have those tidy nice-looking groups anymore. And after getting the order as I like, the moment I check and turn back on "Fixed order", the Sensors page goes back to stock. It completely ignores the rearrangements I did to that point.
Is there any way for the page to stay as I customized it when I reenable 'Fixed order'? Or is there at least any way to have those grouped readings after I got everything reordered/rearranged?

I'm sorry, but this all is intentional behavior and currently there's no way how to achieve what you're looking for. The reason for this is that the sensor groups are tied to a specific set of values under a sensor. Once the fixed order is disabled, this coupling is no longer in place as the order of items can be completely custom.

I'm sorry, but this all is intentional behavior and currently there's no way how to achieve what you're looking for. The reason for this is that the sensor groups are tied to a specific set of values under a sensor. Once the fixed order is disabled, this coupling is no longer in place as the order of items can be completely custom.
I really hope it'll be considered for the future.
Thank you for the quick answer!

Back