Fps counter gone HWiNFO 4.64

Sol

Guys hi!

I have been a relatively new user of hwinfo, about a year. The other day i installed the latest version, 4.64 and now my fps counter is gone. I' am using HWiNFO with RTSS. I tried downgrading to latest beta version 4.63, same thing!

All of my other sensors work normally, there is no errors, nothing.

Can somebody please help me on this, i am totally stranded!

P.S. I am not using RTSS show own statistics fps counter but the one that appears below RTSS column in sensors!

Thanks for the time!

Sol

Please try to run some graphics application to see if the FPS counter appears.

Martin said:
Please try to run some graphics application to see if the FPS counter appears.

Martin thanks for the reply :)  I already did that and nothing happens... numerous times and still nothing.

Could i give you log of some sort or something? Sorry i am relative newbie to HWiNFO!

Is the FPS counter missing in HWiNFO too or in OSD only? Have you tried to look at the bottom of the list of sensors in HWiNFO?

Martin said:
Is the FPS counter missing in HWiNFO too or in OSD only? Have you tried to look at the bottom of the list of sensors in HWiNFO?

Yes, fps counter is missing both in hwinfo and in OSD, looked at the bottom, there is nothing there... I even reinstalled the AMD catalyst drivers, currently i'am using 15.5 beta, still nothing, but i presume it is not the thing with drivers?

Do you at least see the RTSS sensor heading ?
You might also try to click "Restore Original Order" in the sensor settings/layout.

Martin said:
Do you at least see the RTSS sensor heading ?
You might also try to click "Restore Original Order" in the sensor settings/layout.
Yes i see RTSS sensor heading.

Ok, i have tried restoring original order and still to no avail, tried restarting both RTSS and hwinfo and starting game but nothing!

Martin said:
And if you enable RTSS own FPS counter, do you see that one in OSD ?

Yes, and MSI afterburner FPS counter, too. Could it be problem with microsoft visual?

I'm not yet sure what's the problem, but it must be something between HWiNFO and RTSS.
Are you sure the problem first occurred when you upgraded HWiNFO and that you haven't upgraded RTSS or MSI AB too ?
Is it possible that you have installed some additional tools which might use RTSS too ?

Martin said:
I'm not yet sure what's the problem, but it must be something between HWiNFO and RTSS.
Are you sure the problem first occurred when you upgraded HWiNFO and that you haven't upgraded RTSS or MSI AB too ?
Is it possible that you have installed some additional tools which might use RTSS too ?

I have upgraded MSI afterburner to the latest version 4.1.1 7625 and rtss is at 6.3.0.7688.

Do you think i should close all other programs and than try to start a game?

Could it be that the problem started to appear when you upgraded MSI AB or RTSS ?
Yes, I'd also suggest to try to close other programs to see if that might be causing the issue.

Martin said:
Could it be that the problem started to appear when you upgraded MSI AB or RTSS ?
Yes, I'd also suggest to try to close other programs to see if that might be causing the issue.
Martin i have tried literally everything, reinstalling old versions of RTSS and hwinfo but nothing.  :huh: I will keep trying to discover what is the problem, thanks again for your help. If i find the solution i will post it.

Sol said:
Martin said:
Martin i have tried literally everything, reinstalling old versions of RTSS and hwinfo but nothing.  :huh:  I will keep trying to discover what is the problem, thanks again for your help. If i find the solution i will post it.

Found the solution :D  i reseted original order but i think thats not the issue, but after closing literally all apps in the tray the fps counter magically  appeared, idk what application was causing that.
I closed firefox, samsung disk magician, outlook 2013, msi quick boot, ad muncher, goldendict, ccleaner, picpick, skype and 7 taskbar tweaker.

Martin thanks again for the time and great program! see ya :)

I'm glad that you found the solution :) If you have changed the order of sensor items in the past, it might have been the issue. So resetting the order back probably fixed that.

Back