Gigabyte 990FX-Gaming not showing correct PSU voltages

lamb0985

I'm not sure why, but HWiNFO is not showing the correct PSU voltages correctly. They are off by a lot (for example my +12v is showing ~8.896 in stead of ~12.0). I believe the sensor chip is IT8620E which is supposed to be supported, and it also has the IR3564B chip on it as well. Not sure why these values aren't showing correctly, but if anyone could help I'd appreciate it!

Please attach the HWiNFO Debug File for analysis.
It would also be great if you could attach a side-by-side screenshot of HWiNFO sensors (IT8620E sensor) and the Gigabyte EasyTune tool showing sensor values.

Martin said:
Please attach the HWiNFO Debug File for analysis.
It would also be great if you could attach a side-by-side screenshot of HWiNFO sensors (IT8620E sensor) and the Gigabyte EasyTune tool showing sensor values.

Let me know if you need more info from me and thank you for the quick response!

Attachments

• gigabyte990fxgaming.HTM
    175.3 KB · Views: 1
lamb0985

Chip Infineon IR3564B (see datasheet, 3 pages, PDF) is Dual Output Digital Multi-Phase PWM controller for AMD/Intel CPU VRM and don't include any PSU sensor's. :shy:

VictorVG said:
lamb0985

Chip Infineon IR3564B (see datasheet, 3 pages, PDF) is Dual Output Digital Multi-Phase PWM controller for AMD/Intel CPU VRM and don't include any PSU sensor's. :shy:

Thank you for looking that up. Do the PSU values not have anything to do with the IT8620E chip on board? I have found that other programs like speedfan and AIDA64 are able to display seemingly accurate values, and I believe they only poll that particular chip. If you could shed any light on that I'd appreciate it!

The IR3564B provided information covers the Voltage Regulator (VR), which is specific to mainboard. In most cases the first VR is the CPU Core Voltage and (if present) the second one the memory or additional CPU voltage rails (i.e. VCCSA, etc.).
BTW, the new released HWiNFO v5.34 should fix the other voltage rails on your mainboard. If you have some values hidden, try to get them back to see their actual values.

lamb0985

Yes, ITE IT8620E is Super I/O controller, PWM control for temperatures and fan speeds of system board, I can't find manual for this chip.:huh:

VictorVG said:
lamb0985

Yes, ITE IT8620E is Super I/O controller, PWM control for temperatures and fan speeds of system board, I can't find manual for this chip.:huh:

Thank you so much Martin! Is there a donate option for this program?

Back