Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite Wifi VRM Reading

Jon

Hello Martin,

I am not sure, but I may have a bug on HWiNFO64 v7.26-4800.

My CPU Core voltage looks way off, but I am worried it might be that my board is faulty. My CPU (5900X) is being returned under warranty due to Whea errors, but this reading is concerning me. Let me know if this might just be a bug with HWINFO as everything else looks normal. Picture attached. I have put my Friends 3800X cpu into the socket, but still these crazy readings off the board.

Regards,

Jon

Attachments

• CPUCoreVoltage.png
    CPUCoreVoltage.png
    128.9 KB · Views: 8
Such a voltage should not be possible but it looks like a legitimate readout.
Please attach the HWiNFO Debug File so I can verify it in detail.

Sorry Martin, the DBG file is 22mb and wont let me attach it. Let me know of any alternatives. Thanks again.
*Edit* I did it again and the file is now 2.8mb, but still to large to attach it says.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    2.2 KB · Views: 2
Hey Martin, I put it in a zip file and now it is just small enough to send. Sorry about that.

Attachments

• Debug.zip
    269.5 KB · Views: 1
According to that dump the current Core voltage was about 0.825V. Was it reporting such high numbers in this case too?

Well it is still reporting 3v which is over double what I would expect. So it is pretty consistent. Even what I made the Debug file it still reported the same.

Attachments

• Voltage 09 17 22.PNG
    Voltage 09 17 22.PNG
    144.3 KB · Views: 2
That's strange. Have you perhaps used some custom multiplier for that value? This can be checked in sensor settings - customize.
Or you could try to do a full Reset Preferences in HWiNFO.

I agree with you. I reset preferences and the results are attached along with the Sensor Settings. I don't see anything unusual there...

Attachments

• Reset Preferences.PNG
    Reset Preferences.PNG
    136.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Sensor Settings.PNG
    Sensor Settings.PNG
    27.3 KB · Views: 3
Please attach Debug File when you also open the sensors window. The previous one didn't contain sensor data.

OK, I can see the problem now. Haven't seen such issue yet, but something's broken with the internal SVI2 voltage telemetry in the CPU but I don't know why (perhaps due to BIOS) nor how serious it is.
I can workaround this by switching to an alternate method to read correct Core/SoC voltages.

Thanks Martin. It must be the Boards Bios. This is my second CPU tested (5900X and 3800X) in the same Board with the same voltage response. Hopefully this didn't cause the 5900X to die prematurely as I am returning the Chip to AMD. I am not sure if Gigabyte will be any help with this. I have my doubts.

My Bios is quite recent, but I will give it a try in the next few days when I get my CPU back and see how it goes. Thanks again.

Hey Martin, Decided not to wait and installed new Bios on the current CPU I have and it is the same readings. So two cpus with the same reading on the same board. There must be something wrong with my board as well. It doesn't seem like a bug in HWinfo64. Thanks for your help and input. If you can think of anything else let me know. I will be reaching out to Gigabyte next week.

Attachments

• New Bios Reading 2022 09 11.PNG
    New Bios Reading 2022 09 11.PNG
    139.8 KB · Views: 3
Hello Martin, Just thought I would give you an update from Gigabyte: "Reading are within range as the voltage on this platform is dynamic...". I updated the Bios to F37d, but no change and the same readings. The 5900X cpu and the 3800X cpu both same readings. Also I have noticed this board under reports voltage under load. I have seen it dip to 86% while only editing photo's. This board in under warranty, but it is Gigabyte warranty so it means nothing. I get a feeling this board made my CPU only last 10 months. Thank you for your help as this program is very good a revealing all sorts of system issues.

2.6 and >3 V is definitely way off.
In HWiNFO v7.30 I added a workaround that in such case will switch to a different source of telemetry, so it should display "correct" values now.
But that still doesn't explain why the internal SVI2 voltage telemetry used before gives such high values. My assumption is that it's something with the mainboard or BIOS.

Hello Martin, I updated HWinfo64 and now it is showing the correct normal values. There must be a BIOS issue with this board which I have never heard of before or it could be just this board itself. At least I can monitor it now. Thanks very much for your help.

Back