Gigabyte Z270N GAMING 5 and High Temps

fadsarmy

Hello everyone,

I hope someone can help me. I have a query about some high temps (PCIEX16 and System 2) reported by hwinfo64. My motherboard doesn't, or at least shouldn't, have these sensors. What's worrying is that they are very high. What's even more worrying is that when I blow a hair dryer over my motherboard, these temperatures start climbing. This suggests to me that these sensors are actually present and the temperatures are valid unless they are not calibrated properly. Please tell me I'm wrong. I've attached a side-by-side comparison between hwinfo and Gigabyte SIV:

ojZSBg0.jpg

Indeed, it looks like those sensors are either not connected at all, or not calibrated properly on your model.
If GIGABYTE SIV doesn't display those, I'd say they should be ignored. But I'm sorry, only GIGABYTE knows exactly about this, try to check with their support.

Martin said:
Indeed, it looks like those sensors are either not connected at all, or not calibrated properly on your model.
If GIGABYTE SIV doesn't display those, I'd say they should be ignored. But I'm sorry, only GIGABYTE knows exactly about this, try to check with their support.

Thanks Martin for responding promptly. Gigabyte frequently have active North Bridge/PCH sensors not read by bios or SIV, particularly on older motherboards, but are read by third party hardware monitors. I think you are right in this case because of the high readings so I'll ignore them as you suggested.

Back