rhellstrom

I own a R12 Alienware computer and was wondering why the temperature would be constantly different in your software and the Dell's command center. Currently the Command Center is reading 59C for the CPU and HWinfo is reading 51C in the CPU Package. It's almost always off by 7 or more degrees and some time as high as 15. I'm having some throttling issues but in comparison, it's not super bad but the default fan systems in the Command Center isn't responsive in cooling the system (Performance and Thermal Profiles) and I'm using my own thermal profile. I get some browser freezing. I may just need a bit of thermal paste as a routine maintenance. But - Anyway - Should these temperature readings be closer in comparison sense their reading the same temperature sensor. Will the voltage of the temperature sensor identify a defect. I presume the Dell Command Center and the CPU Package are the same temperature reading.

"CPU Package" is the averaged temperature among all cores. We have no idea what value is DELL reporting but you might check the Core Max value in HWiNFO if that's closer.

"CPU Package" is the averaged temperature among all cores. We have no idea what value is DELL reporting but you might check the Core Max value in HWiNFO if that's closer.
Yes - The CPU Max in the CPU I7 DTS column seems to be very close. I was following the CPU Package in the Intel CPU I7 Enhanced column. I didn't have a clue what to be watching for. I repasted the CPU today and didn't see any difference and I don't see any throttling issues. It's showing 58 as the CPU max. I shouldn't be having these freezing issues at those temps. I guess it could be getting hotter at other times. Guess I could try a CPU cooler. Thanks for your suggestion.

Back