GPU#0 and GPU#1 Utilization

pilot007

Hello guys,

I got two nvidia gtx 970 in SLI and im trying to get the utilization information. In some videos on youtube, peoples use "GPU Utilization" but i dont have this option. Can someone help me? Whats the information i need to track?

Screen attached.

Thanks!

Attachments

• gpu.png
    gpu.png
    63.7 KB · Views: 7
Depends on the situation - if you're gaming for example and feel that the game/graphics could run better then yes, there's a reserve in GPU computing power which is not utilized. This can have several reasons - e.g. CPU not able to feed the GPU or CPU is overloaded (you can determine this by the CPU load value). Other reasons might be that the game is not able to fully utilize the GPU.

If the CPU load value that is be 100% then this is a overload ? I've done the test with various games and in all of them , the use of GPUs did not exceed 20 %

Yes, if CPU is at 100% it might indicate that the CPU is overloaded with tasks, so GPUs are not supplied with a sufficient power.

Martin said:
Yes, if CPU is at 100% it might indicate that the CPU is overloaded with tasks, so GPUs are not supplied with a sufficient power.

Martin, Thanks for reply.

But it's not the problem, my CPU on Diablo3 for example, is on 28% on max.

Other reason might be the power/TDP limit (cap) set for your GPU. This can be changed in most cases.
You might also try to set higher quality settings in games or try some GPU benchmarks to see if they can utilize the GPU to max.

Martin said:
Other reason might be the power/TDP limit (cap) set for your GPU. This can be changed in most cases.
You might also try to set higher quality settings in games or try some GPU benchmarks to see if they can utilize the GPU to max.

Do you know where i can change this cap?

Thanks!!

There are several tools that can do this, for example is MSI Afterburner or NVIDIA Inspector.

Back