GPU Memory Usage in Windows 8?

Espionage724

I've tried using MSI Afterburner + it's RTSS, and HWiNFO64 + AB's RTSS in Windows 8, and neither will show or report the value for GPU memory usage.
Ytc1

GPU-Z however reports it fine
Ytbt

I like being able to see how much gpu memory 3d apps and games use :) Is there any way to possibly get it detected with HWiNFO?

I'm currently using AMD's latest 12.8 drivers, which are WDDM 1.2 compliant. I have tried using older Windows 7 drivers with only WDDM 1.1 on Windows 8, but this didn't bring the GPU memory usage back either.

As for how I have Windows 8 already, I'm using the free 90-day evaluation on Microsoft's site:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/jj554510.aspx

This is not because of Windows 8, but HWiNFO in general is not able to report GPU Memory Usage on AMD/ATI cards currently (on nVidia this is possible). I have this feature in my to-do list and once I determine how to do this, I'll implement it immediately.

Martin said:
This is not because of Windows 8, but HWiNFO in general is not able to report GPU Memory Usage on AMD/ATI cards currently (on nVidia this is possible). I have this feature in my to-do list and once I determine how to do this, I'll implement it immediately.
Ah, i see. I thought I recalled seeing the option in Windows 7, but I was probably confused with something else. I know Afterburner had the option though.

I have just released a new Beta build 1810, which reports the amount of GPU D3D Dynamic and Dedicated memory.

Martin said:
I have just released a new Beta build 1810, which reports the amount of GPU D3D Dynamic and Dedicated memory.
Hi Martin,

I just couldn't resist getting in on to this Beta for the above reasons. Now I have to figure out what not to monitor on our new wonderful Gadget because I have a sever case of screen over run. :D lol You have any suggests on which three or more is less necessary to monitor on screen?

Thanks for the Great work, :)

Crysta

Hi Crysta,
well, I don't have a suggestion. This is system specific, because each system offers different values to monitor and user-specific (depends on what your expectations are) :)

Back