GPU Thermal Throttling Limits - NVIDIA RTX

Bin

I have been getting HWInfo/GPU-Z/Afterburner GPU thermal throttling limits when playing COD Warzone and running the 3DMark Firestrike benchmarks. I have noticed when the gpu temperatures get to around 60-70*C is when the thermal throttling will get triggered most of the time even though it hasn’t even reached 83*C yet. Also the core speed will get to the max 1950mhz then drop to 1935mhz and sometimes to 1925mhz.

I also have been monitoring whenever the thermal limits have been triggered and have captured some screenshots. I hope someone can help me find out what is the cause of this issue. I’m determined to find out if my new gpu is faulty or if its something else as I spent so much money on buying this gpu.

hFMKyZu.jpg

UOPWEqc.jpg

041LUv6.jpg

Last edited:
Hello Bin, I registered to this forum only to answer to you.
I found many threads on Reddit about similar questions, but the one you mentioned is EXACTLY the same "problem" I got just now with my new Asus TUF RTX 3080 Ti OC.
The card works perfectly and with good temperatures, but I cannot understand why sometimes thermal throttle without a reason, with low temperatures.
If I run Furmark 1440p for 1 hour temperatures are really good, and I never get a single thermal throttle, but gaming (exactly your example, Warzone) or Fire Strike I get thermal throttles.
Please can you contact me or reply, I need to know if you fixed your problem, and how. I really don't want to RMA the card.

Thank you very much!

Привет, Бин, я зарегистрировался на этом форуме только для того, чтобы ответить тебе.
Я нашел много тем на Reddit с похожими вопросами, но та, которую вы упомянули, - это ТОЧНО та же «проблема», с которой я столкнулся только что с моим новым Asus TUF RTX 3080 Ti OC.
Карта работает отлично и с хорошими температурами, но я не могу понять, почему иногда термальный дроссель без причины, с низкими температурами.
Если я запускаю Furmark 1440p в течение 1 часа, температуры действительно хорошие, и я никогда не получаю ни одного теплового дросселя, но в играх (именно в вашем примере, Warzone) или Fire Strike я получаю тепловые дроссели.
Пожалуйста, не могли бы вы связаться со мной или ответить, мне нужно знать, исправили ли вы свою проблему и как . Я действительно не хочу RMA карты.

Большое спасибо!
Привет! ты решил эту проблему?

Hello Bin, I registered to this forum only to answer to you.
I found many threads on Reddit about similar questions, but the one you mentioned is EXACTLY the same "problem" I got just now with my new Asus TUF RTX 3080 Ti OC.
The card works perfectly and with good temperatures, but I cannot understand why sometimes thermal throttle without a reason, with low temperatures.
If I run Furmark 1440p for 1 hour temperatures are really good, and I never get a single thermal throttle, but gaming (exactly your example, Warzone) or Fire Strike I get thermal throttles.
Please can you contact me or reply, I need to know if you fixed your problem, and how. I really don't want to RMA the card.

Thank you very much!
Its better to do a stress test with the games that you play.

Back