High CPU load

v7.64-5240, after starting HWinfo everything fine, after resuming computer from standby, please see attached picture:

Screenshot 2023-11-01 223423.jpg

Please use the latest Beta build, then start HWiNFO in Debug Mode after a new system reboot. Then perform a Suspend/Resume, close HWiNFO and attach the HWiNFO64.DBG file it created.

I have done so, please see attachment.
Remark: I had to kill the HWinfo process.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.zip
    468.6 KB · Views: 3
in addition:
In v7.26 there isn't any Renesas sensor for Gigabyte Z690 mainbords, right? So, currently this sensor is causing the issues.

To add a detail... while I had previously thought this was linked to Suspend/Resume, today, with the 5250 BETA, I saw the "high CPU" issue after my display had timed out and turned off (10 minutes) - NO Suspend was needed.

When I woke it up again, there was the pegged logical core.

OK, we seem to be mixing different issues for each of you.

I have done so, please see attachment.
Remark: I had to kill the HWinfo process.
This is clearly related to suspend/resume and I can see that right after resume HWiNFO properly restores access to the VRM sensor but something else later seems to disable it.
Are you perhaps running some other monitoring tool too? Will restarting of HWiNFO bring the sensor to normal polling time?

To add a detail... while I had previously thought this was linked to Suspend/Resume, today, with the 5250 BETA, I saw the "high CPU" issue after my display had timed out and turned off (10 minutes) - NO Suspend was needed.

When I woke it up again, there was the pegged logical core.
This might be something else and it will require checking which sensor takes so much time. It could also be the PresentMon sensor..

I am not sure why you are saying this - as soon as I run your current BETA (5250), I see the additional Renesas sensors - the ITE ones are still present.

And these Renesas sensor groups are where the huge amount of time is going, according to your "ms" column... this is why I posted today, when I saw someone else with a related mobo with the same symptoms as myself.

The fact that it may not require a Suspend/Resume to show up doesn't suggest to me that it is an unrelated problem.

I am not sure why you are saying this - as soon as I run your current BETA (5250), I see the additional Renesas sensors - the ITE ones are still present.

And these Renesas sensor groups are where the huge amount of time is going, according to your "ms" column... this is why I posted today, when I saw someone else with a related mobo with the same symptoms as myself.

The fact that it may not require a Suspend/Resume to show up doesn't suggest to me that it is an unrelated problem.
I will need to see the HWiNFO Debug File from you too to check in detail what's going on there.

I think I found an issue causing the heavy delays after suspend/resume sequence. Working on that so it will be fixed in the next Beta build...

yes, really better now with Beta build 5255, but still consuming - to my opinion - too much system resources:

Screenshot 2023-11-02 115850.jpg

as requested:
- cold start & close
- restart, standby & close
- restart & close

Attachments

• HWinfo.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
Back