High 'system' usage when running

ghostofvalen

I noticed after rebooting and after a few hours a load of 0.7-2% on System process starts (10-30% of a cpu core). As soon as I close HWInfo64 the load on the System Process goes away. I'm really at a loss, I thought maybe it was a particular sensor and enabled Polling, none were over 20-30. Regardless I tried disabling every single sensor but it still kept the load on the System Process. Attached is screenshot of System Process and attached debug log after pulling up sensors screen. Let me know what else I can do to help you.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-11 141224.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-11 141224.png
    14.5 KB · Views: 5
  • HWiNFO64.7z
    168.5 KB · Views: 1
  • hwinfo64report.HTM
    288.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I can see there several sensors that might take more resources/time to read - for example the NZXT cooler or UPS. Have you tried to disable monitoring of them including the respective sensor heading?

I can see there several sensors that might take more resources/time to read - for example the NZXT cooler or UPS. Have you tried to disable monitoring of them including the respective sensor heading?
Yes, at one point I had everything disabled in the sensors screen and was still showing the load on System. I disabled the cooler, ups, and memory, relaunched with debug (attached), then disabled debug to check System Process. seems a little better (see it going as low as 0.2%-0.3% but still averaging around 0.9% or so (peaks of 1.9%). I recorded a simple GIF . at that the start is with hwinfo64 running then half way though I turn it off (the System task goes up one line to the middle of the image) and then you can see the CPU load pretty much drops off to 0 to 0.2% on System after.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.7z
    111.6 KB · Views: 1
  • hwinfo64_run_notrun.gif
    hwinfo64_run_notrun.gif
    71.4 KB · Views: 3
There will always be some (minimal) load depending on sensors active. Also the disk SMART and GPU polling takes some resources.
Try the same with the latest HWiNFO Beta version.

There will always be some (minimal) load depending on sensors active. Also the disk SMART and GPU polling takes some resources.
Try the same with the latest HWiNFO Beta version.
Of course I would expect some load, the newest beta version was better, I didn't see it peaking above 1%. I'm going to also try reinstalling the OS just incase something isn't playing right and to help isolate the program and hardware.

I was able to figure it out. After re-installing windows the issue was gone, slowly one by one I started re-adding drivers/apps. It was the AMD Chipset drivers provided directly from ASUS. Once installed the system load when HWINFO64 was running came back. un-installed and it went away. I went to AMD directly and installed their chipset driver package and everything seems fine. I'm not sure why the Asus's packaged AMD Chipset Driver caused it. Thanks for looking over the logs and everything and trying to help out. Hopefully this issue does not come back in a future AMD Chipset update but i'm not sure who's "issue" it is.

Back