How do I change network transmit / receive buffer size ?

Tnk

I got information of network transmit / receive buffer size as attached one.
My questions are,
1. Where does HWiNF64 get this information (transmit buffer size: 131072 Bytes, receive buffer size: 487424 bytes) from ?
2. How to change these buffer sizes ?
3. How to see these buffer sizes before and after the change ?

Attachments

• Transmit and Receive Buffer Size .jpg
    Transmit and Receive Buffer Size .jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 6
This information is provided by the network driver. I don't know if it's possible to change this.

It might be possible to change these values via Windows Device Manager: Open it, double-click on the network card to open its properties, switch to the "Advanced" tab (might be called differently) and look through the properties there. But as Martin said, it depends on what the network driver provides.

Regards
Dalai

I know the "Advanced" tab which Dalai says. There is no item in "Advanced tab" for setting transmit or receive buffer size. I think users can not change these buffer sizes, currently.

Next topic:
[Request to HWiNFO ]
1. Further detail information on "Realtek USB 2.5GbE Family Controller" as "Intel 82801HB ICH8 - LAN Controller" information.
2. IC chip names used in LAN devices such as Realtek 8156B, 8153B, 8111, etc..

There is no item in "Advanced tab" for setting transmit or receive buffer size. I think users can not change these buffer sizes, currently.
Which driver do you have installed, the one provided by Windows or the one from Realtek? To me it looks like the latter might provide the settings you want (though I'm not sure).

Regards
Dalai

The latest driver from Realtek site is already applied, but no item I found for transmit and receive buffer sizes.

Back