Hwifno physical memory accuracy

s_Burt

[font=Acer Foco,Trebuchet MS,Arial,sans-serif]My computer (ATC-710-EB61) came with 16GB of ram, ACER specs say that's the maximum amount this machine can handle.  But when dealing with a separate issue It was suggested to download Hwifno to review PC specs.  when looking through all the other information (MOTHERBOARD/SMBIOS DMI/MEMORY DEVICES/PHYSICAL MEMORY ARRAY) I noticed that it says 32GB under memory capacity.  Is it possible [/font][font=Acer Foco,Trebuchet MS,Arial,sans-serif]Hwifno is incorrect?  or is it theoretically possible to place 32GB of ram in my PC?[/font]

Thanks,

SMBIOS DMI information is defined by the system/BIOS manufacturer and it's often not accurate because vendors don't fill it properly.
If your manufacturer claims that 16GB is the maximum in official specifications, I'd trust that more than SMBIOS DMI.

In the case of Acer, everything can rest on the elementary - this office is pretty tight, and the memory can already be wired on the system board of the machine or there can be a motherboard with only one memory slot.

But, judging by the price for this model in assembly it is clearly a budget machine where you save on threads, and therefore there is likely soldered memory and it can not be replaced. And if you are lucky and it completes the warranty, then open the casing and send a photo and we'll see what these guys did. Refuses the guarantee - insist on exchanging or refunding money - it's Acer and repairmen perfectly know its products. :)

VictorVG said:
In the case of Acer, everything can rest on the elementary - this office is pretty tight, and the memory can already be wired on the system board of the machine or there can be a motherboard with only one memory slot.

But, judging by the price for this model in assembly it is clearly a budget machine where you save on threads, and therefore there is likely soldered memory and it can not be replaced. And if you are lucky and it completes the warranty, then open the casing and send a photo and we'll see what these guys did. Refuses the guarantee - insist on exchanging or refunding money - it's Acer and repairmen perfectly know its products. :)

I realize this isn't a high end gaming machine but as I said in the OP I was dealing with a separate issue (M.2 SSD upgrade) when it was suggested I try this freeware to gain a little insight into my PC's capabilities.  I stumbled onto the suggested MAX RAM and got very curious.

PC SPECS: https://www.acer.com/datasheets/2015/4871/TC-710/DT.B15AA.014.html
CHIP SET: https://ark.intel.com/products/90590/Intel-H110-Chipset

currently the machine has 2 sticks of DDR3-1600/PC-12800 SDRAM

Thanks for your advice,

Back