HWiNFO 7.70 Not Running on XP

Dave-H

Hi Martin.
Just updated to 7.70.
Works fine on Windows 10 (x64) and Windows 98 (!) but will apparently not run on XP (x86).
It appears in the Task Manager for about 10 seconds, and then vanishes.
Nothing ever appears in the system tray.
The portable version is the same.
Cheers, Dave.
:)

Hmm, I have just tested both HWiNFO32 and HWiNFO64 on XP64 VM and both work.
Please attach the HWiNFO Debug File of the crash.

Thanks Martin.
Here's the debug log.
Cheers, Dave.

Attachments

• HWiNFO32.DBG
    189.4 KB · Views: 1
The same situation with Windows 7 SP1x64 on an old PC, on a laptop with Windows 10 7.70 it works fine.
DBG file from v7.68 and DBG file from v7.70

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    1.9 MB · Views: 3
  • HWiNFO64.DBG
    168.9 KB · Views: 4
Thanks Martin.
Sorry for the delay, but FWIW, here's the first run Windows XP debug file from 7.68.
I have two graphics cards on my machine, the one I use on 98 and XP is an old ATI card, but the one I use on Windows 10, and can use on XP, is an NVIDIA Quadro M4000.
I don't think that's a particularly ancient card (unlike the ATI card!) but presumably it could be the source of the issue on my system even if I'm not actively using it.
Cheers, Dave.

Attachments

• HWiNFO32.DBG
    574.6 KB · Views: 2
Thanks Martin.
Sorry for the delay, but FWIW, here's the first run Windows XP debug file from 7.68.
I have two graphics cards on my machine, the one I use on 98 and XP is an old ATI card, but the one I use on Windows 10, and can use on XP, is an NVIDIA Quadro M4000.
I don't think that's a particularly ancient card (unlike the ATI card!) but presumably it could be the source of the issue on my system even if I'm not actively using it.
Cheers, Dave.

Seems to be the same problem.
The NVIDIA GPU is not that old but NVML isn't installed there, probably because it's available on 64-bit only. And this might be triggering the bug in v7.70.

Yes indeed.
That would explain why it's fine on Windows 10 with the same GPU, because that's 64 bit.

Yes, all fixed here too, thanks Martin.
I wish all developers were as quick at responding to issues and fixing them as you are!
Cheers, Dave.

Just wanted to mention that:
- I was seeing this crash on 7.70 on a laptop that has NVIDIA Quadro FX 3800M.
- 7.72 is running just fine without crashing.

Thanks for fixing it :)

Back