HWINFO App vs Shared Memory Viewer

Bill

Hi, I have used HWINFO values in a Rainmeter skin for several years. Now I ha e a new PC with an AMD processor and I am trying to get HWIFO set up in Rainmeter. My question whh values are shown in the Shared Memory Viewer why nowhere else. For example,CPU usage. I copied the meter from your HWINFO.INI skin(changing very little) and I get zero results. However the Shared Memory Viewer shows 13.05. Also the HWINFO skin shows 0 for everything.

These values strongly depend on machine configuration, so it's not recommended to copy these settings between different machines.
Also, there has been a change to those values in recent HWiNFO versions, so you need to make sure you're using the latest version of HWiNFO along with the latest version with the Rainmeter plugin. Maybe you're seeing issues when combining older versions.

Thanks for your quick response. I don't know how to tell what version HWINFO is. I downloaded it within the last two weeks. I thought that since they displayed values in the Shared Memory Viewer they were good ID's. Is therei some way to tell which ones are good?
Do I just need to randomly try them in my skin until I find one that works?

Also make sure you're using the latest Rainmeter plugin v2.0.0. When using it with HWiNFO 4.48 (or later), all should be OK.

Back