HWiNFO causing sound problem.!

LMMCG

Hi everyone.

Recently my gpu fan stopped working properly. I have an Alienware 18 R3, and It was working fine, but suddenly the gpu fan stopped working.
The only way that I could make the Gpu fan to work properly was with Hwinfo.
Disabled EC support and set the fan to automatic increase the rpm according to the temps. And it works fine!! But, I noticed something that was happening during my games and listening to music. My sound is crackling with every audio output and sometimes it just stops and return after 3 to seconds (I could see the sound icon on the tray with disabling and enablig). It happens with onboard audio or usb audio attached too. But when I close Hwinfo, the problem dissapears! I have made a fresh install of windows 10, to see if that resolve the issue, but it didn't. The only wy that it stops this problem is closing hwinfo.
Anyone have any clues to help me??

Thanks in advance..

The is unfortunately a side-effect of the commands used to read/set fan speed and there's no workaround for it as it's by design.
You might try to reduce this by disabling monitoring of the fan speed sensors (hit Del key over the values).

The is unfortunately a side-effect of the commands used to read/set fan speed and there's no workaround for it as it's by design.
You might try to reduce this by disabling monitoring of the fan speed sensors (hit Del key over the values).
Thanks for the reply. I've made that, and the sound is much better now. Did not had any sound disabled...
But now my fps is dropping randomly... don't know why. Is there anything else to disable?

Back