hwinfo issue after updating the version

chrcoluk

Hi guys.

So I have been using hwinfo for a couple of years now to enhance my OSD in games and also to access the sensor info in the desktop, its very good and I thank you for the program.

I was running up until 3 days ago v4.48 which ran with no problems i was aware off.

I then upgraded to v 5.32 the latest and whilst for the most part its fine there is an issue thats annoying.  If I minimise the sensor window it takes about 2.5 seconds to react. Likewise if I quit the program there is a 2.5 seconds delay, I have tried disabling any unneeded settings and fiddling with some options but to no success.  4.48 had no delay and responded instantly.

Any advice would be appreciated thanks, and if this is a bug or not.

Just delete HWiNFO*.INI in to $app dir and set settings again. I have exception code 0xc0000417 after update in v5.32.2900 to v5.33.2910 and just exit HWiNFO64 and remove HWiNFO64.INI and reset settings, then restart HWiNFO64 and set common settings and automatically restore sensor settings using Registry backup copy. Very simple. I use one command:

del /s/f/q C:\PROGRA~1\HWiNFO64\HWiNFO64.INI&&start /i C:\PROGRA~1\HWiNFO64\HWiNFO64.exe

chrcoluk said:
Hi guys.

So I have been using hwinfo for a couple of years now to enhance my OSD in games and also to access the sensor info in the desktop, its very good and I thank you for the program.

I was running up until 3 days ago v4.48 which ran with no problems i was aware off.

I then upgraded to v 5.32 the latest and whilst for the most part its fine there is an issue thats annoying.  If I minimise the sensor window it takes about 2.5 seconds to react. Likewise if I quit the program there is a 2.5 seconds delay, I have tried disabling any unneeded settings and fiddling with some options but to no success.  4.48 had no delay and responded instantly.

Any advice would be appreciated thanks, and if this is a bug or not.

That looks like something is blocking there. Please attach the HWiNFO Debug File that includes opening and closing sensors (which exhibits the delay) and I'll check it.

VictorVG said:
Just delete HWiNFO*.INI in to $app dir and set settings again. I have exception code 0xc0000417 after update in v5.32.2900 to v5.33.2910 and just exit HWiNFO64 and remove HWiNFO64.INI and reset settings, then restart HWiNFO64 and set common settings and automatically restore sensor settings using Registry backup copy. Very simple. I use one command:

del /s/f/q C:\PROGRA~1\HWiNFO64\HWiNFO64.INI&&start /i C:\PROGRA~1\HWiNFO64\HWiNFO64.exe

Are you able to reproduce that crash again? It should not happen and I'd like to check it if you can attach the Debug File from the crash.

Thanks.
Can you please try to disable sensors (Del, or right-click + Disable Monitoring on sensor heading) one by one to check which one might be causing this delay? Try to start with the NVIDIA sensor. Please let me know the result.

Martin

I do not reproduced. I think that the consequences clink errors - stood me this console extender capabilities and mangled wood, OS I did not rearranging although it would be necessary - too many climbs errors. We clink 0.44 - 0.45 were errors with the disclosure of environment variables that officially recognized its author https://github.com/mridgers/clink/issues/344, and the errors lead to damage to the operating system start-up parameters and the network stack, he "did not notice" - https://github.com/mridgers/clink/issues/345. So hang soon a year without correction.

Nvidia's was already disabled, even with all disabled it still pauses. :(

Ok I found the problem.

I have emisosft anti malware installed which the behaviour blocker monitors almost all 3rd party programs, usually there is no visible performance impact, but it seems after I excempted hwinfo64 the pause is gone. It does not have this problem on the older version, but I will report this to emsisoft developers.

I have reported this now and linked them to this thread, also to clarify whilst it was been monitored it was set to allow all actions in emsisoft. So if something was been blocked then I guess there is a bug in emsisoft.

I decided to also whitelist everything else I got related such as rtss and msi afterburner also as obviously they could all also be affected somehow.

Back