HWiNFO not working after resetting CMOS battery

Arrrbol

Apologies if this is a simple issue that i'm missing, but I have had trouble getting HWiNFO to work after I reset the CMOS battery. I have tried resetting the BIOS settings to default and reset the CMOS battery again to see if that would sort it, but those did not help. I've reinstalled the program too and that did nothing. On a side note, i've had some strange issues with GPU-Z too; it still reads the sensors just fine, but it displays error messages upon startup such as these: 
rzYjkA9.png

HWiNFO displays this message when it crashes:
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: HWiNFO64.EXE
  Application Version: 5.6.0.0
  Application Timestamp: 59fad937
  Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
  Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.23915
  Fault Module Timestamp: 59b94ee4
  Exception Code: c00000fd
  Exception Offset: 000000000004f2fa
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID: 2057
  Additional Information 1: 4532
  Additional Information 2: 4532f229f4f8256e89a18c763aa82c0c
  Additional Information 3: b4e1
  Additional Information 4: b4e1053f1a3c397b22e78f93ad7acc9d

As I said, I have tried reinstalling HWiNFO, reset the preferences, reset the GPU cache, and tried reinstalling the driver without success. The only two things I can think of trying next is to reflash the BIOS or reinstall Windows. 

The computer is an Alienware M17X R2.

Which GPU do you have? Try to completely remove the GPU drivers and install them again.
If that won't help please attach the HWiNFO Debug File of the crash.

Martin said:
Which GPU do you have? Try to completely remove the GPU drivers and install them again.
I have 2 AMD 5870s in Crossfire. I will try removing the GPU driver with DDU and see if that helps.

Martin said:

That seems to have done the trick. Not sure why i didn't think of doing that before now. Thanks for the help.

Back