HWINFO resets itself

Does the Debug File capture the situation of resetting and what situation represent the screenshots ?

Martin said:
Does the Debug File capture the situation of resetting and what situation represent the screenshots ?

yes the debug file did capture it and the screenshot is just for your info when it resets it still says its active but it isnt

I can't find a possibility in HWiNFO that it would set Auto mode on its own when the Custom Auto mode is active.
Are you sure you haven't clicked anything in the fan control window ?

Martin said:
I can't find a possibility in HWiNFO that it would set Auto mode on its own when the Custom Auto mode is active.
Are you sure you haven't clicked anything in the fan control window ?

no, all i did was open up hwinfo and active custom mode. i didint changed any settings since i downloaded it.

I have added more information into the debug file, which should help me to come closer to the reason why it happens.
Please get this version: www.hwinfo.com/beta/hw64_411_1824.zip
and try to catch the same situation as before using that version. Then please attach the new debug file.

Martin said:
I have added more information into the debug file, which should help me to come closer to the reason why it happens.
Please get this version: www.hwinfo.com/beta/hw64_411_1824.zip
and try to catch the same situation as before using that version. Then please attach the new debug file.

k i got the new debug from that version, same problem.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    720 KB · Views: 2
In this dump I only see HWiNFO setting fan speed to 4500 RPM and nothing else.
So if the system set the fan back to system control, then it's not HWiNFO fault. Might be another application or firmware/BIOS.

Martin said:
In this dump I only see HWiNFO setting fan speed to 4500 RPM and nothing else.
So if the system set the fan back to system control, then it's not HWiNFO fault. Might be another application or firmware/BIOS.

any ideas how i can disable BIOS fan control? i use alienware m14x

Martin said:
No, I'm sorry but I have no idea.

k after some engineering and all that i did it but now the new problem is when i put a specific RPM it goes to a RPM thats about 4300 if i make anything higher than that it keeps switching back to the 4300

I haven't enabled the respin for these models, because I thought it's not needed.
Since I have recently received more reports of similar situations (system taking fan control back), I'll enable this feature in the next build.

Martin said:
I haven't enabled the respin for these models, because I thought it's not needed.
Since I have recently received more reports of similar situations (system taking fan control back), I'll enable this feature in the next build.

thanks, that would solve all my problems, this way hwinfo can overcome system fan control.

Martin said:

when will that build be out?

Back