Hwinfo v4.24 Freeze when monitoring

reny900

Hi dears ^^
First of all, i want to express my immense gratitude with Martin. He have make a great job to realize such a helpful software. With 1 i can monitor evrythin on my pc, even on OSD and this is just amazing.
But i need to ask about what it's happening to me lately, after i've make the 4.24 update.
I was run with 4.20 before the update (never used beta).
When i've make the update, i've make the .ini file rewrite, basically i've lost the option for the sensors.
I don't know if these is the cause of my problem but when i open the Sensor page, the PC freeze with the same interval of the sensors monitoring.
I Had windows media player opened, and the song was freezing evry 100 ms.
How i could solve these?
What should i do?:blush:
Report:
CPU: Intel Core i5-3450 (Ivy Bridge-DT, E1)
3100 MHz (31.00x100.0) @ 1600 MHz (16.00x100.0)
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-M
Chipset: Intel Z77 (Panther Point DH)
Memory: 16384 MBytes @ 800 MHz, 9.0-9-9-24
- 4096 MB PC12800 DDR3 SDRAM - G Skill F3-1600C9-4GAO
Graphics: Intel Ivy Bridge-DT GT1 - Integrated Graphics Controller [E1/L1/N0/P0] [AsusTek]
Intel HD Graphics 2500, 2112 MB
Graphics: GIGABYTE Radeon HD 7950
ATI/AMD Radeon HD 7950, 3072 MB GDDR5 SDRAM
Drive: Hitachi HDT721032SLA380, 312.6 GB, Serial ATA 3Gb/s @ 3Gb/s
Drive: ST31000528AS, 976.8 GB, Serial ATA 3Gb/s @ 3Gb/s
Drive: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH40F, DVD+R DL
Sound: Intel Panther Point PCH - High Definition Audio Controller [C1]
Sound: ATI/AMD Tahiti - High Definition Audio Controller
Network: RealTek Semiconductor RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC

P.s: the Pc runs correctly when i start the HWinfo basic window, also when i open the summary.
I've disinstalled then reinstalled but the problem it's still there

EDIT: I've resolve.
Seems like this version of HWinfo has some trouble with Hard Disks. I have to disable the S.M.A.R.T. Feature on the 2 Hard Diski had. This way i can't monitor the HDD temperature. I've right click on the "S.M.A.R.T." then "Disable monitoring"

Yea, I've disabled the SMART on the 2 HDD and now the sensor monitoring work fine for me.
But when i try to do the Sensor monitoring for the 2° time in a row,or when i put the sign on "sensors only" at the start up, i have to hard reset as the monitor goes black and didn't recive the signal anymore.

If disabling SMART sensors fixes the freezing, you might try to upgrade storage/SATA drivers. That might allow you then to have those sensors enabled. It's not a HWiNFO problem, but the respective SATA drivers.
As for the monitor problem, try to disable GPU I2C Support (or just some GPU I2C buses).

Hi Martin!
I've read other 3ds and search about google of my IRST version, and seems like Intel failed in this version, many others application crash or create conflict with it
So i've make an upgrade of this IRST, with the 12.8.0.1016, now HWinfo don't freeze anymore and i can also keep enabled the SMART scan.
The main problem now is that i can't run HWinfo 2 time a row. Literally.
The 1° time it goes well, and nothing happens.
But if close for some reason, and the i start the application again, i'm forced to Hard reset.
I've recovered a dbg file, i still need to disable the gpu i2c buses that are enable.
Now i'll perform some checks disabling the buses

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    511.6 KB · Views: 1
Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad that upgrading RST fixed the problem with S.M.A.R.T.
Regarding the other issue, it seem the GPU doesn't like when HWiNFO tries to access its PWM/VR. You might want to upgrade the GPU drivers or VBIOS (if possible) and if nothing helps, then better leave the GPU I2C support option disabled (or at least the GPU bus #6). Also if you're maybe using other GPU monitoring tools in parallel with HWiNFO, you might try to run without them to see if this maybe helps.

Back