HWiNFO v7.46 released

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
HWiNFO v7.46 available.

Changes:
  • Fixed monitoring of legacy CPU Usage on Windows 11.
  • Fixed a possible crash during XTU check on AMD Genoa/Bergamo.
  • Fixed reporting of EDC current value on AMD Raphael.
  • Fixed driver compatibility with Windows Kernel-mode Hardware-enforced Stack Protection.
  • Improved Intel Arc GPU support with new drivers.

I ALWAYS have a hard time going from one version to the next with this program, but this one takes the cake for a trillion miles. i am trying to update from 7.44 to 7.46 and having a helluva time. in task manager it says i have 7.46 but when my computer starts the installer pops up wanting me to upgrade and the program shows its only 7.44. i have the non-pro version. please advise on how to fix this im spending now about 45 minutes trying to update a freakin program that should take no more than FIVE minutes. WASTE OF TIME!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe you have multiple instances of HWiNFO installed in multiple locations?

Maybe you have multiple instances of HWiNFO installed in multiple locations?
right at this moment i have the window saying its version 7.46. i am going to restart computer. i did think of that and got rid of any old folders with hwinfo associated with them and with other drives, i have 6 drives. i'll let you know what happens.

And the installer popup showing it's 7.44 ?
BTW, I see you're using MSI Afterburner. If you use the HWiNFO plugin in MSI AB to pull data from HWiNFO, then MSI AB might be constantly keeping HWiNFO alive and restarting it when closed. This might be causing issues during upgrade as HWiNFO isn't able to rewrite an existing copy when it's running.

BTW, I see you're using MSI Afterburner. If you use the HWiNFO plugin in MSI AB to pull data from HWiNFO, then MSI AB might be constantly keeping HWiNFO alive and restarting it when closed. This might be causing issues during upgrade as HWiNFO isn't able to rewrite an existing copy when it's running.
ive had probs before but nothing like this and never had to close msi center.

Fixed monitoring of legacy CPU Usage on Windows 11.
Can you explain more about how this is fixed? It still shows the wrong readings for the intel CPU.

Attachments

• image_2023-05-10_223439386.png
    image_2023-05-10_223439386.png
    19.7 KB · Views: 6
Fixed monitoring of legacy CPU Usage on Windows 11.
Can you explain more about how this is fixed? It still shows the wrong readings for the intel CPU.

The fix was for CPU Usage, not CPU Clock. Your problem is most likely this:

The fix was for CPU Usage, not CPU Clock. Your problem is most likely this:
I see, but is there a possibility to add a toggle option for it? I know it's not reliable, but it's an option.
Other apps are working fine, like Aida64 and HWMonitor.

I see, but is there a possibility to add a toggle option for it? I know it's not reliable, but it's an option.
Other apps are working fine, like Aida64 and HWMonitor.

Please attach the HWiNFO Debug File for analysis.

Back