HWinfo v7.62 BSOD 0x00000050 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Only after enabling hwinfo64 v7.64 on the msi gf75 thin laptop does the error PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 0x00000050 appear.
Without enabling hwinfo64, the laptop works without problems.
Sorry, HWinfo v7.62 was not specified correctly in the topic. Correct HWinfo v7.64
File attached

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Please create a HWiNFO Debug File of the crash as described here:

Try to go into Device Manager, locate the "Intel(R) Thermal Subsystem - 06F9" device (will be probably under "System devices") and disable it.

Unfortunately, disabling Intel(R) Thermal Subsystem - 06F9 did not lead to success.
Maybe this information will be useful to you. I installed the previous version of HWiNFO64 v7.62 with which there were no problems before, but it now causes BSOD 0x00000050 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA.
I made sure that before these errors appeared, I updated the chipset drivers (Intel Chipset Drivers v10.1.19600.8418 WHQL). Maybe that's what it's all about?

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.rar
    110.3 KB · Views: 1
Yes, that could well be the problem. I suspect the Intel(R) Thermal Subsystem device is improperly configured and when HWiNFO tries to access it, it results in a crash.
Would be interesting to make a test and get a dump with previous chipset drivers.

After installing the previous version of the chipset driver, there are fewer errors that appear after prolonged use, but everything is still there. The dumps get very large. I was lucky with this; there was an error right away.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.rar
    173.8 KB · Views: 1
Hmm, this is really weird. The crash seems to be happening delayed so I'm not able to exactly figure out what's causing it.
I thought the problem was reading the chipset (PCH) temperature which seems to be fixed in this build but since it still happens it's most probably caused by something else.
Try to disable monitoring of various sensors (GPU, EC, PCH, disk) to see if some of them will solve it.

Hello. I wanted to ask you to check if I'm doing everything correctly. How to properly disable monitoring of various sensors to find errors? By the way, the new version v7.66 also has a BSOD.

It's safe to say that the GPU monitoring sensor is causing the BSOD.
I turned it off alone and there were no problems. Then I disabled all monitoring and enabled one GPU monitoring and the BSOD appeared.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
  • HWiNFO64_1.DBG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
For monitoring both your GPUs (Intel iGPU and NVIDIA dGPU) HWiNFO relies on their drivers.
So if the BSOD happens because of monitoring them, I recommend to update both GPU drivers and the system BIOS.

Back