HWiNFO v8.00 released

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
HWiNFO v8.00 available.

Changes:
  • Added fully integrated OSD.
  • Windows XP/Vista support dropped in HWiNFO64.
  • HWiNFO Installer migrated to Unicode for better multi-language support.
  • HWiNFO Installer now includes HWiNFO64 only and requires Windows 7 x64 or later.
  • Legacy HWiNFO32 available in the portable package only.
  • Enhanced sensor monitoring on ASUS NUC series.
  • Improved health monitoring of some NVMe drives connected via Intel RST.
  • Enhanced sensor monitoring on ASUS TUF GAMING Z790-PRO WIFI.
  • Revamped Auto Start mechanism to better reflect actual state.
  • Fixed automatic startup (via a launcher) due to new requirements for OSD.
  • Fixed some bugs in OSD configuration.
  • Added support of Aquacomputer VISION and VISION RGBpx sensors.
  • Enhanced sensor monitoring on new GIGABYTE Z790 and B760 series mainboards.
  • Added NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 (AD103) and GeForce RTX 4060 (AD106).
  • Improved support of Raptor Lake-PS.
  • Fixed AMD Hawk Point iGPU support.

For more information about the new OSD see:

Martin, the portable version of HWiNFO32 8.00 seems to still work fine on Windows XP (and Windows 98!)
Am I right in assuming from this that it's only the installer which now needs a minimum of Windows 7?
Is there any reason not to carry on using version 8.00 on older operating systems?
Cheers, Dave.
:)

Martin, the portable version of HWiNFO32 8.00 seems to still work fine on Windows XP (and Windows 98!)
Am I right in assuming from this that it's only the installer which now needs a minimum of Windows 7?
Is there any reason not to carry on using version 8.00 on older operating systems?
Cheers, Dave.

Yes, correct. That's also stated in the release notes.
The installer needed some updates (Unicode support, security) that would break the old compatibility anyway.
So HWiNFO32 was removed from installer but it continues to support even Win95 (OSR2) and there's no plan to break this.

Thanks Martin.
My apologies, if I'd actually read the release notes properly I would have known all that of course! :oops:
It's very good to hear that there's no intention to break compatibility with old operating systems as far as the program itself is concerned.

Hwinfo works again with PortableApps but it seems to have lost my settings. The way I had the entries set up was reset. Now I have to restore the older version from a backup and take screenshots of the way I liked it. EDIT: It's not remembering any of my settings, they reset everytime I restart the app

Hwinfo works again with PortableApps but it seems to have lost my settings. The way I had the entries set up was reset. Now I have to restore the older version from a backup and take screenshots of the way I liked it. EDIT: It's not remembering any of my settings, they reset everytime I restart the app
Which exact settings, can you please give some examples? Because there are portable settings (stored in INI file) or settings stored in registry.

You might try this: go into the Data folder of the PortableApps package and open HWiNFO64.INI in a text editor. Remove the "RememberPreferences=0" line and save.

Last edited:
Back